Shonuff's Project Artwork

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Hywaywolf

Re: Shonuff's Project Artwork

Post by Hywaywolf »

You don't pay for help on BFRPG modules, races, classes, etc either, but it doesn't stop you from being very critical of the material submitted. :) Hell, sometimes you leave a bruise lol.

Its just my opinion, but I think art for BFRPG should be viewed like every other submission for BFRPG. Submitter gets credited but in spirit the submission belongs to the community. We shouldn't be afraid to make comments on the art and the artist shouldn't feel obligated to change to art unless he agrees with the critique.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Smoot:
Thanks, yeah these guys were cool to draw. Of course use the pic wherever it'll work best.
yeah I do remember making a TERRIBLE group shot of half races. i'll do a group shot if you need one for the rulebook. and please DO NOT use that old pic it's freaking DISGUSTING.

Hyw:
Agreed. i love the adoration and the "cool pics" Those make me draw more. But the constructive criticisms and little tweaks is what makes me draw BETTER.

Sol:
You got it. i'll take the frog pic and do some editing and remove the two natural eyes and see if I can make the stalk eyes bigger.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

One thing I didn't say was that I assume that most art these days are done digitally and thus much easier to make changes to than it would be to a hand sketch on paper. My daughter does almost all her drawings, even hand sketches, on her bamboo pad and has them stored digitally.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Shonuff wrote:Smoot:
Thanks, yeah these guys were cool to draw. Of course use the pic wherever it'll work best.
yeah I do remember making a TERRIBLE group shot of half races. i'll do a group shot if you need one for the rulebook. and please DO NOT use that old pic it's freaking DISGUSTING.
I actually recall liking the image! :?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

HW:
you are correct. i still do mine hand drawn. I am going to try to use my photoshop-fu and see if I can remove the main eye and make the stalks a bit biggger. no guarantee, and it may need redrawn, but i'll see what I can do.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

HEY SOL, you mean more like this?

Larger size:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302 ... acdd8a.jpg
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

The leg really jumps out at you now. Good job.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Hywaywolf wrote:You don't pay for help on BFRPG modules, races, classes, etc either, but it doesn't stop you from being very critical of the material submitted. :) Hell, sometimes you leave a bruise lol.

Its just my opinion, but I think art for BFRPG should be viewed like every other submission for BFRPG. Submitter gets credited but in spirit the submission belongs to the community. We shouldn't be afraid to make comments on the art and the artist shouldn't feel obligated to change to art unless he agrees with the critique.
LOL.. Sorry I lterally was laughing out loud about the bruise comment.. Chris has no problems dropping the hammer thats for sure! But I think we know we would all be the same about our kids :D
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
jackel

Post by jackel »

Shonuff, I agree with Hyway. I do not know what you did to the frog prince, but it really pops now. Not quite a 3d feel, but not far from. When I get my lich done, I might put in a request for a picture, if you have time, but that can wait till the stats are done. I really do not know what you did to the Homunculus and the frog prince drawings, but they both have that popping out of the page feel to them.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

jackel wrote:Shonuff, I agree with Hyway. I do not know what you did to the frog prince, but it really pops now. Not quite a 3d feel, but not far from. When I get my lich done, I might put in a request for a picture, if you have time, but that can wait till the stats are done. I really do not know what you did to the Homunculus and the frog prince drawings, but they both have that popping out of the page feel to them.

1. Yeah i agree the foot does look better. i just saw empty canvas and the artist inside me fought with the logical part of the brain going "HOBBIT FEET IN SWAMP= DIRTY!"

2. i'll do it if it makes it into the field guide. you got it bro.

3. The difference with those two are atmospheric shadows. It is the shadows, (which are lacking on the other ones) IT is what is making them pop. artwork average, artwork average+abobe filters= pop! lol