Need Overland Maps?

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
BruceRipple

Need Overland Maps?

Post by BruceRipple »

Because I could make some!
chiisu81

Re: Need Overland Maps?

Post by chiisu81 »

Borgar kindly re-did the map for John Dutton's adventure Wulfric's Tomb for AA2, but John has 2 other adventures with maps that could be re-done: Drakestein Island and Fire Mountain. I don't know if either of them are eligible for AA3 due to their length (Solo's call), but those are the 2 I can think of off-hand that would look marvelous with re-done overland map(s). I know Wulfric's Tomb looks that much better due to Borgar's contributions!
borgar

Post by borgar »

I'm not sure if anyone else picked up the gauntlet on this, but I did take a look on the modules. The main problem may be that the maps are very bare, so though several are pretty easy to e.g. draw by hand, they may be not look much more interesting.

I've done a quick drawing of the Northern Lake map from Fire Mountain as an example.
lake_small.png
lake_small.png (40.16 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
I'd be happy to get suggestions about how things to add to make the this (and other maps) better.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

I'll have to return to this and ask for help once my current short one-shot is playtested and cleaned up. I have a longer intro adventure in the works but my map-making skills are... let's just say amateur at best. It's based on a town on a crossroads with a swap, a farm, a temple, and graveyard in each of the diagonal cardinal directions. I'm impressed with the work I've seen so far!
BruceRipple

Post by BruceRipple »

trinity-swamp.jpg
trinity-swamp.jpg (6.88 MiB) Viewed 8388 times
Here's one I just finished for a friend on Instagram!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Holy Monkey :shock:
Daucuscarota

Post by Daucuscarota »

You're amazing, Bruce!
ManticX

Post by ManticX »

Hey Bruce, By any chance are you still offering overland maps? My kids and I are trying to put together a few short campaigns and want to add some good artwork and some nice campaigns. So we are looking for someone who can help with art on the ideas they have. Their goal is to get them printed like the rest but it will be a bunch of shorts as they can only stay focused for 2 to 3 hours at a time. :0)