Monster Supplement

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
sycarion

Monster Supplement

Post by sycarion »

After some major family illness, personal injury and work drama, I'm back to work.

I wanted to provide a very rough look at what I'm doing for the Monster Supplement. As you will see, there are some spacing issues with pictures and layout that should be easily overcome in time. The general look is a bit of a tribute to the RC.

Feel free to critique, suggest changes, or otherwise make any comment. One other thing to let everyone know: I tried a three column layout for quite a while. The effect of the layout looked good for the first two monsters, but then I could never make it look good after that. Part of the issue was two pictures for the Anubian, but I don't want to remove one. The quality of the art is too good for that.

Here is the rough alpha: http://www.sycarion.com/scribd/monstertest101009.pdf
SmootRK

Re: Monster Supplement

Post by SmootRK »

looks very nice. I like the font choices. Some typos apparent from the copy/paste process (mostly spacing), but it looks nice otherwise.

Solo wanted the first Monster Supplement critters incorporated into this supplement; are you doing that as well?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
jdn2006

Re: Monster Supplement

Post by jdn2006 »

All I had to do was pull it up and at a glance I was immediately interested. Easy to read and navigate. The illo's really make it look nice.

I have bad eyesight -- something I found out when I started getting serious about trying to produce game material the last year or two. I make mistakes all over and it can be just as hard to try to find and catch them.

But, just skimming through I picked out errors (some I made). For me at least, the layout and readability is very good.