pets

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SpyderTattoo

pets

Post by SpyderTattoo »

How do you handle pets or familiar animals? I have a character concept that I would like to have own a pet ferret that would somehow help him. Think "Beast Master" without all the skin... ;) Maybe the ferret could help with detecting monsters, or collecting small objects like keys, or sneaking through small openings... you get the idea. Are there any rules for this in any other games that could be used in BFRPG?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: pets

Post by Solomoriah »

The Almanack contains my take on familiars (the spell is called Familiar). Take a look there if you would. Then, I'd love to see your ideas in more detail.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SpyderTattoo

Post by SpyderTattoo »

The Almanac has a second level Jester spell called Charm Animal on the jester spell list, but there is no spell called Charm Animal under that in the spell description section. The spell description was omitted. Also, there is no "Familiar" spell listed there at all. I'm looking at the "Old Dungeoneers Almanac". Is there some other Almanac I'm missing? I looked for another almanac in the download section but there isn't any other "Almanac" than the "Old Dungeoneers Almanac".
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No, you're in the right place. Somehow, the Familiar spell got lost, as did the Control Animal spell. Familiar is one of mine, Control Animal is someone else's.

Hmm.

It's here:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 3&start=30

I'll have to try to get it into the next Almanack release.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org