Cardinal Gods (pantheon from my home game)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Mal

Cardinal Gods (pantheon from my home game)

Post by Mal »

These are the gods I use in my home game setting, the Valorian Realms.

Relegion in Valoria

In the lands of the Valorian realms the people worship four gods. Depending on the area, most temples will be dedicated to one of the four gods, though they may have small shrines for the other gods as well.
Most clerics begin their training as acolytes around the age of thirteen, though orphans being raised from very young ages as acolytes is not unheard of.

The Cardinal Gods

Gygax the Creator
Before the dawn of time the great god, Gygax the Creator, willed the world plane into existence. But even though he willed the laws of the plane and the beings that inhabated it into being, the raw material remained unstructured.
Gygax is represented by an icosahedron.

Arnson the Worldforger

Arnson the Worldforger took what Gygax had created and shaped it into the world that is, though much has changed since that beginning. He raised the mighty mountains, carved the deep caves and even cut the horizon like a fine gem.
It was in the acts of the two great gods that the twin goddesses of the sun and moon were born.
Arnson is represented by a compass rose.

Therin the Burning Light

Therin was born of the hope given by the rays of the sun. She is all that is good and pure in the world, prizing faith and goodness above all. Her paladins carry her light to all the dark places of the world.
Therin is represented by a stylized sun.

Alorien the Weeping Moon

Alorien is the twin sister of Therin. She so loved her twin that she took all the vile things in the world that would crush her sister's light and hid them in the darkness, binding them there with her own power. Now she weeps for the sister she loves but can never see. Above all Alorien values compassion.
Alorien is represented by a crescent moon and tear.
SmootRK

Re: Cardinal Gods (pantheon from my home game)

Post by SmootRK »

Nice homage.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Indeed.
Go with a smile!
Mal

Post by Mal »

Thanks, I thought it was deserved. :)
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Bit... un-subtle, though.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I was thinking of going the Gigas/Gigah (Swiss phonetic pronunciation) and Arn/Son of Arn route myself.
Go with a smile!
Mal

Post by Mal »

LibraryLass wrote:Bit... un-subtle, though.
I felt the subtlety was wasted on the bulk of by players, who only started a year or so ago and had no idea who created the pasttime they now enjoy. :|