AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jdn2006

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology One

Post by jdn2006 »

AA1-Adventure-Anthology-One-r12

Testing new additions to my utility I found...

page 45
3. Scary Room:
Text box starting "There is a large set of double doors in front of you...." does not have period at end of line.

page 57, Coatroom: 1 salamander, 2 sets of hit points.
Juvenile Flame Salamander:

Page 59,
1. Tomb:
Gargoyles. No number (3) and no colon for "Gargoyle" in monster stats:
i.e. "3 Gargoyles:"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Snagged for R13, hopefully out in print at the end of the month.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

pg 70 Prepared Encounters:

Minotaur Minotaur (the name is repeated twice at start of the monster stats, once bold and once not bold)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Uploading R13 now with all corrections made. I'm going to hold off for a week on putting it in print, to see if anything else comes up.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Page 1, Zombraire's Estate summary: extra space in "For 3-6 characters...."
Page 9, Pipe Beast entry: no colon needed after name, other stats not in parentheses, extra space at end of damage portion
Page 19, Room 7: replace double dash in "or other instrument -- there is no" with a single dash
Page 20, first full paragraph: replace double dash in "father's day -- any long" with a single dash
Page 20, 10., boxed text: replace double dash with a single
Page 59, 5. Portal, Elemental Fire Portal entry: "hp" needs to be capitalized
Page 59, 6. Bedroom, Small Fire Elemental entry: extra spaces after "HD 3* " and "Dam 1d6 "
Page 60, 9. Coatroom, Juvenile Flame Salamander entry: extra spaces after "HD 2* " and "Mv 40' "
Page 68, 10. Centipedes: "There is a maximum of time the party passes through: 1d6+6 (7 - 12)." minutes? rounds? something else?
Page 76, 5 Crocodiles: extra space after "Dam 1d8 "
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

chiisu81 wrote:Page 68, 10. Centipedes: "There is a maximum of time the party passes through: 1d6+6 (7 - 12)." minutes? rounds? something else?
Page 68, 10. Centipedes: "There is a maximum of 1d6+6 (7 - 12) centipedes." (no time)
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

chiisu81 wrote:Page 1, Zombraire's Estate summary: extra space in "For 3-6 characters...."
Page 9, Pipe Beast entry: no colon needed after name, other stats not in parentheses, extra space at end of damage portion
Page 19, Room 7: replace double dash in "or other instrument -- there is no" with a single dash
Page 20, first full paragraph: replace double dash in "father's day -- any long" with a single dash
Page 20, 10., boxed text: replace double dash with a single
Page 59, 5. Portal, Elemental Fire Portal entry: "hp" needs to be capitalized
Page 59, 6. Bedroom, Small Fire Elemental entry: extra spaces after "HD 3* " and "Dam 1d6 "
Page 60, 9. Coatroom, Juvenile Flame Salamander entry: extra spaces after "HD 2* " and "Mv 40' "
Page 68, 10. Centipedes: "There is a maximum of time the party passes through: 1d6+6 (7 - 12)." minutes? rounds? something else?
Page 76, 5 Crocodiles: extra space after "Dam 1d8 "
Also:

The file is too big for this Forum's 10 meg limit and I don't have a zipper available (nope, not on this PC). I'll be back with the file later.

I was interrupted so this is incomplete, but additional checking revealed:

I listed most of the monsters where I put a dagger/double dagger/asterisk behind the AC/HD.

[source] means I haven't been able to look for any source yet and hence determine asterisk/dagger/double dagger etc.

....See newer post below...
Last edited by jdn2006 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

JD, you should be a valid Showcase user. If you can't upload things here, you can always put them there. Just tell me here if you do it, and I'll download it from there and put it in its proper place.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Both AA1 and an updated JN2 are at...

[I deleted it and will e-mail it.]

As for AA1:

Not all "new" creatures have a note about being in the field guide [I don't know which if any are now core]. I added one after the praying mantis in Insect Valhalla.

Corrected spelling for "Insect Valhalla" in the OGL.

Also:

I lost track of the little fixes I did to monster stats (primarily adding daggers, double daggers and asterisks).
Changed giant centipedes from HD 1/2 to “HD 1d4 HP”.
Changed immature giant centipede to “HD 1 HP”.

Multiple instances of "HD 1d4" rather than "HD 1d4 HP".

[source? new monster write up?] is short hand for "[I didn't find a Basic Fantasy Source for them? should someone do a new monster write up for the field guide]

Merilla's Magic Tower
Carpet Trapper [source? new monster write up?]
Morphganger [source? new monster write up?]
Faerie Dragon [source? new monster write up?]

The Zombraire's Estate

Slightly different definitions of ROT GRUBS.
(2 different encounters)
In the adventure: 16/20 Rot Grubs: AC 11, HD 1 HP, #At 1, Dam death in 1d4 turns unless flame or cure is applied, Mv 10', Sv F1, Ml 12

In the Core Rules 3: Rot Grubs: AC 10, HD 1 hp, #At 1, Dam death in 1d3 turns unless flame or cure is applied, Mv 5', Sv F1, Ml 12

2 Crypt Dwellers: [source? new monster write up?]

Added period after "gp" in...
A silver candlestick holder sits beside the parchments, worth 15 gp A fancy pair of gnome-made spectacles are on the night table, worth 50 gp
One of these buckets is silver, and worth 30 gp Four

chickens mill from within to the yard, with 3-30 being visible to the PCs at any one time
chickens mill from within to the yard, with 3d10 being visible to the PCs at any one time

Ruin of Darkfir Castle
Darkling: [source? new monster write up?]

Shepherds of Pineford:
Added space between gp and number in various places.

Assassin Vine: AC 15, HD 6*, <-- changed hit die to 6 (did not change hit points nor other numbers) since (a) that is what it is in the Core Rules 3, (b) in the adventure the the save is at F6, and (c) also in the adventure it has XP of 550 (which is a 6 hit die monster with 1 special ability). The main rule book still does not have an asterisk behind the HD and but now has 550 XP.

Island in River
1 Minotaur (AC 14, <-- deleted the " (12)"

----------------------------------------------------
Things that might have helpded complete novices:

Gold in the Hills
Perhaps a note: The armor class of creatures in this adventure is shown as two numbers separated by a slash "/", the first being Basic Fantasy ascending and the second being descending armor class as used in some older games.

The Vault of Thaire
Perhaps a Note?: These creatures have the Attack Bonus (AB) stated even for low level monsters.

Night of the Necromancer
2 Ghasts:[detailed in newer release of the rules - release 75+)

If anyone notes darker hit point boxes, the ones in "Gold in the Hills" are using the Arial black font.
Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hmm. I want the updated AA1 to be written as if the Field Guide and 3rd Edition were in print already; that way, I can update the print version at the same time as I release them.