[BF3] House of Coldarius

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: House of Coldarius

Post by Solomoriah »

Here's the updated version. I kept the Blood Rose, but moved it to the already-existing greenhouse.
Attachments
House-of-Coldarius-r2.pdf
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 434 times
House-of-Coldarius-r2.odt
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 413 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Solo, if you can, divide room 4 into 2 different rooms, one larger and one smaller between rooms 4 & 5 so it creates a hallway leading to the Greenhouse.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

well, there went my theme floor. I thought it went well together. :)

It was fun to work on it. I was thinking that the next time someone wants help like this they might set some numbers on what each floor should contain. Like 3000 xp and 1600 gp of treasure per floor.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't give up on that theme floor just yet. Your material and Dimirag's gives me an idea.

On the desk in the office will be a scattering of papers. The paper on top is an invoice, about fifty years old, from a gardener named Florencio, for the purchase of one blood rose. The invoice would include an address as well.

The Garden of Florencio would include a greenhouse, more substantial than the small one here, where we could keep all your material more or less intact. It may be a follow-on adventure for House of Coldarius.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Level 6

On the landing of the 6th level is a torch bracket that controls a trap mechanism on the stairs going up to level 7. A successful Secret Door check on the landing will locate the mechanism (but does not indicate what it controls). A Thief's Find Traps ability will lead him to believe the trap mechanism goes to the stairwell. Pulling the bracket down, locks the trap door (detailed below) shut for about a minute to allow safe passage. An identical mechanism is located on the landing of the 7th level.

About mid-way up the stairs between the levels, there is a section of stairs that easily gives way to a shallow compartment filled with sharpened stakes. A Thief searching for traps in the stairwell will locate the trap. Once located the trap is easily stepped over. Otherwise, the first rank of characters coming up the stairs will succumb to the trap on a failed Dexterity ability check, taking 2d6 damage from the spikes. Additionally the sharpened spikes are covered in filth, feces, and worse, so the character(s) must also save vs. poison at -4 (GM should determine this secretly) or take an additional 1d4 damage every hour from infection, but characters will not know this until after the first hour when damage is taken. A Cure Disease spell will halt the infection (as will Heal or similar magic). While the fever is upon a character (after the first hour, and cumulatively each hour that passes), the character takes a -1 to hit and damage and further ability checks.

Level 7

On the landing of the 7th level is a torch bracket that controls a trap mechanism on the stairwell below (going down to 6th level). A successful Secret Door check on the landing will locate the mechanism (but does not indicate what it controls). A Thief's Find Traps ability will lead him to believe the trap mechanism goes to the stairwell. Pulling the bracket down, locks the trap door (detailed above for level 6) shut for about a minute to allow safe passage. This mechanism is identical to the mechanism found on the 6th level landing and controls the same spiked trap. Details for the trap are detailed on Level 6 description.

Note: Similar Torch Brackets should be described at each of the lower levels so that they do not seem out of the ordinary when found in these areas.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

How about this small tower is contained within the walls of a compound... the grounds of which can hold the gardener, and a few beasties. I would also think a family crypt can be on the grounds, with the option of expanding the adventure to a dungeon accessed from there.

? just a random thought.

My spike trap can easily be transposed to a different set of levels as desired.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Good stuff on the trap!

I really think I want to separate the garden from the tower, to allow the tower to stand on its own as a creepy place. Partly this is time... putting the garden around the tower would require finishing it before this afternoon, which is unlikely to happen. But also, having a second location to look for could be interesting.
Florencio the gardener specialized in dangerous plants. Some say he was killed by one. What lurks within his untended garden of deadly things?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Incidentally, the laboratories and a couple of the other areas are detailed in my head but not in the document. On the off chance that one of my players might be reading this, I don't want the big surprises to be too obvious.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If you do something with the grounds, throw in a Hnagman tree. Have a Notice of some sort tacked onto the trunk of the tree to entice inquisitive types to come up and read it. Or a torn piece of clothing from the barmaids outfit, perhaps she was rarely something deep scarlet or bright yellow.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Put a kite in it. Everyone knows that trees eat kites. Just ask Charlie Brown.