BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
LibraryLass

Re: Castle D'Angelo

Post by LibraryLass »

Solomoriah wrote:Bustin' out the Chinese on him, eh? (Had to look that up.)
Seemed appropriate while we were talking fortune cookies-- even though the fortune cookie itself was invented in San Francisco and based on a Japanese pastry. :P
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

So I just retitled this thread, and posted the new Strongholds of Sorcery combining Castle D'Angelo with Tower of Light and House of Coldarius. On the downside, that's three unfinished adventures... but on the upside, when they're done, the multimodule will be an excellent sequel to Fortress, Tomb, and Tower.

How can it fail, with the likes of Stuart Marshall and J.D. Neal contributing to it?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Cool. I have been wanting to see the Vampire Tower get finished out. I looked over the pdf, and I know there is more material in that old thread that you can add to that portion of the module... I know, because I did some stuff late (too late for you to utilize against your players). Regardless, I like the scary vibe of that one.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hmm. One of us needs to check the new manuscript and see if all your stuff got in there.

I'll try to get to it, but if someone else gets there first, I won't complain.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Here is portion I wrote that isn't in the pdf yet. I am unsure about any other material, as I don't have time this instance to do a side-by-side.

Level 4
Upon reaching the landing of this level, one notices the smell of burnt materials; a MU character would suggest it is reminiscent of the smell after a fireball consumes an area.

23. CORRIDOR (not important)
The burnt smell continues in this area becoming very strong. The southern doorway and walls has scorch marks and soot radiating away from the door. The heavy door is blackened and charred considerably.

24. BARRACKS
Within this chamber are a number of bunks, each holding the skeletal remains of a warrior. These skeletons are not currently animated, but hidden in one of the bunk chests is a scroll of Animate Dead Spell that Predmore Coldarius can use in an emergency. Unlike the skeletons in the other barracks, these will not animate at the command of the 'officers' and are otherwise normal remains in all ways, save for being at the ready for Predmore to use some time in the future.
Exact numbers are up to GM.

25. OFFICER'S QUARTERS
The chamber contains only burnt materials, ash, and a thick layer of black soot covering the walls. The "officers" of the guard quickly move to attack any living creatures that open the door. Both are Pitch Skeletons (Field Guide). Upon becoming aware of intruders, the Pitch Skeletons will seize control of the nearby dormant skeletons (room 26). They fight with some skill and the collective group becomes quite the coordinated force with the Pitch Skeletons' direction.
If the party is exceptionally powerful, increase the number to 3 or even 4 such Officers. Treasure type B, perhaps one wears a suit of armor with magical bonus in lieu of coins/jewels (which I think Predmore would have taken).

26. BARRACKS
Within this chamber are a number of bunks, each holding the skeletal remains of a warrior. They are animated, but have not been programmed with any tasks or given orders to attack anything. In fact, they do not react at all to anyone or anything, even if prodded. However, if the Officers nearby become aware of intruders, the skeletons jump into action at the mental commands of the Pitch Skeletons.
Exact numbers are up to GM.

[As an option, the skeletons may be of the 'leaded' variety detailed in the Field Guide.]
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

This is for House of Coldarius, right? I'm going to redraw the map, without reference to the one we've been using, as we don't have rights for it. My bad. That's why I didn't copy the maps into this manuscript.

I'll deal with renumbering and rearranging the rooms after I get the maps done. Soon, I hope.

Regarding the skeletons: Tower of Light has leaded skeletons, for a specific reason, and I don't want to overuse them here, so I'll probably go with the vanilla variety.

Thanks for digging this up, though. After I get the maps done, I'll snag it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

New release with more Stuart Marshall goodies in the first post of the thread.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just noticed the documents still say Release 1 internally, but they are R2 nonetheless. R3 will be marked correctly.

One thing I'm not good at is brevity. If anyone wants to write teaser text for Castle D'Angelo and House of Coldarius to go on the introduction page, I'd love to see it.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

"In a world of Sorcery..Three Strongholds stood out from the others.." I just like doing that announcers voice..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

RIP Don LaFontaine.