BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

Man, I do not know how you do it...

:D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm uploading R20 now. I've gone through Castle D'Angelo down to room 61, filling in blank areas and breaking down mixed descriptions (any room without boxed text where the room description mixes stuff you tell players and stuff you don't). After converting the single paragraph of room 61 into a page and a half of material, I hit the closet 62 and thought, wow, this stuff doesn't belong here. I moved that material down to the lower level of Roland's Tower, which got me into the 80's where I broke down and reorganized the stables. I got up around 84 or so, realized I had omitted the rooms from 62 to 79, and decided that was a good place to stop.

This release does not include P&P's new material above. I'll get that in the next release.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Is that enough filler?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Maybe. I won't know until I make it to the end. I may end up with a few things that don't fit at all (I already have some).

Your ability to create stuff amazes me.
PapersAndPaychecks

I wasn't creative! You asked for filler. I went to an online random word generator. It gave me "wig", "unbaked", "macaque" and "taxidermist". Ten minutes later, I had three paragraphs of filler. :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So THAT'S how you do that... I always wondered.

:D
PapersAndPaychecks

And there goes all my mystique. :?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have all rooms up to and including room 75 adequately detailed to suit my needs. 76 and 77 just need to be broken down (boxed text identified and separated from the GM's part).

Thereafter, these rooms still need work:
88 (1)
90-91 (2)
94-95 (2)
98 (1)
102 (1)
109 (1)

99 and 100 may need boxed text, or may be okay on their own.

Assuming I do work on 99 and 100, there are still just 12 rooms total needing work. With any luck, Castle D'Angelo will be done soon.

Of course, the other two adventures still need to be finished... gah.
PapersAndPaychecks

98. LABORATORY:

The sigil of Maricela D'Angelo hangs outside this laboratory. Nothing will be heard if a character listens at the door. When and if they open it:-

[boxed text]
A swarthy, older woman wearing an old-fashioned toga is seated at a desk. The desk is almost completely covered by an enormous book, which the woman is reading with one hand propping up her head and a worried frown on her face. She looks up at you and sighs.
[/boxed text]

This is, indeed, Maricela D'Angelo:-

Maricela D'Angelo: Magic-User 11, AC 11, #At 1, Dam 1d4,
Mv 40', Ml 9
(INT 17 (+3) WIS 13 (+1) CHA 13 (+1))

HP 27 ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]
Spells: Disintegrate, teleport, conjure elemental, confusion, polymorph other, dispel magic, haste, protection from normal missiles, ESP, invisibility, mirror image, phantasmal force, magic missile x4

She carries a greater wand of paralyzation. A conventional wand of paralyzation affects one target, but Maricela's wand emits a cone 60ft long and 30ft in diameter at the base. Every creature within the area of effect is affected as if by a hold monster spell, except that the saving throw to avoid is a save vs wands rather than vs spells.

In her madness Maricela has become fervently religious. She firmly believes that money is the root of all evil, so she will try to give all hers away to anyone who will accept it. She has 14,522 gp in a bag of holding.

Unfortunately for anyone so unwise as to accept this bag of cash, after 1d6 rounds she will "realise" that that person has become irredeemably evil owing to all the money they have. This will cause her to attack. The only way to leave the room without a fight is to refuse the money.

If Maricela is cured of her madness she will of course be embarrassed by any harm she might have done to her would-be rescuers, and will be willing to pay for the resurrection of any character she might have killed, but she will want all the rest of her money returned, please, together with her wand and her bag of holding.

From her swarthy skin and the fact that she is not a fighter, it is apparent that Maricela was not born a D'Angelo but married into the family.

The colossal book on her desk is a ledger of her accounts (which are complex, as Maricela owns a substantial estate).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nice... but Maricela is the Duchess, and is already in the Library.

We can make it another D'Angelo wife, or someone else entirely (just because it's her sigil at the door doesn't mean she's actually in there).