BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

In keeping with my previous statements about incomplete works on the Downloads page, I'm demoting my incomplete Castle D'Angelo to the Workshop. So here it is.

EDIT: As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm combining Castle D'Angelo with Tower of Light and House of Coldarius. So I'm switching this thread over to the new title.

EDIT 7/31/2017: As of NOW, this adventure series is ON THE DOWNLOADS PAGE! Get it here:

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf3

EDIT 10/22/2017: As mentioned on Facebook and Google+, the maps for Thaumerion's Tower were left out of the print release (R37). They are attached to this post, and let me apologize one more time for missing them. I'm very, very sorry.
Attachments
Thaumerions-Tower-Maps.pdf
(419.02 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Castle D'Angelo

Post by Solomoriah »

For anyone interested in the development of this adventure to this point, the original Workshop thread on Dragonsfoot may be of help:

https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/view ... 42&t=52548
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Working my way through the module, doing some editing, and I noticed room 93 has fortune cookies in it. Here is the list of effects:

Bad Fortune
The holder takes 1 hit point of damage from a bad paper cut.
The holder automatically fails the next saving throw he or she must roll.
The holder automatically misses the next attack he or she attempts.
The holder finds he or she has lost 3d6 x 10 GP.

Good fortune
The holder heals 1d2 hit points (if not presently injured, the healing is deferred until the holder is injured).
The holder automatically makes the next saving throw he or she must roll.
The holder automatically hits the next time he or she attacks (even if magic weapons are required and the holder is not using one).
A gem worth 3d6 x 10 GP falls from the cookie.

I'd love to know what the fortunes actually say... reading them to the players should be a hoot. But I'm not talented at writing such things... perhaps there's someone around here who is?

(Also posting this on the Dragonsfoot.org forum.)
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Solomoriah wrote:I'd love to know what the fortunes actually say... reading them to the players should be a hoot. But I'm not talented at writing such things... perhaps there's someone around here who is?
I'm on it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Incidentally, R9 has been uploaded, and is now listed in the first post in this thread.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Bad Fortune
"You will soon be surrounded by the laughter of friends." (The holder takes 1 hit point of damage from a bad paper cut.)
"Tell them, before it's too late." (The holder automatically fails the next saving throw he or she must roll.)
"Before you wonder 'am I doing things right?", wonder 'am I doing the right thing?'" (The holder automatically misses the next attack he or she attempts.)
"You can fix it with a little energy and the proper attitude." (The holder finds he or she has lost 3d6 x 10 GP.)

Good fortune
"Your future is as sweet as this cookie." The holder heals 1d2 hit points (if not presently injured, the healing is deferred until the holder is injured).
"You will overcome difficult times." (The holder automatically makes the next saving throw he or she must roll.)
"You will soon emerge victorious from the maze you've been traveling in." (The holder automatically hits the next time he or she attacks (even if magic weapons are required and the holder is not using one).)
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." (A gem worth 3d6 x 10 GP falls from the cookie.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow, nice! Snagged for R10.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Lass.. those were perfect!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

dymondy2k wrote:Lass.. those were perfect!
Xiexie!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Bustin' out the Chinese on him, eh? (Had to look that up.)

Where I'm going with this... now that it looks as though finishing Castle D'Angelo is actually possible, I'm thinking that I'll combine it with Tower of Light (presently found in my Great Desert multimodule somewhere here in the Workshop) and House of Coldarius (found in the same general area of the forum). I'm going to call it "Strongholds of Sorcery: The Glain Campaign" or something like that. Probably steal the intro text from Great Desert as well.

Should be enough material to make a nice print edition.