Submission Guidelines - Discussion

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Submission Guidelines - Discussion

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi, I added your comments about Google Docs etc. to the sticky. Feel free to just edit it and add any other bits you might have in mind. If you want to change my actual words, do please run it by me first.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
RLS89ZX

Re: Basic Fantasy Project Submission Guidelines

Post by RLS89ZX »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 am I've never looked at URW Gothic L before; it looks like it might be an acceptable substitute. Quando is quite nice, and would be acceptable in place of Soutane if it had a bold, bold italic, italic, and "black" version; but we need all of those before we can use it as a substitute.
Would TeX Gyre Adventor work, Solo, & what of Quando? I'd really love to have Free/Libre Open Source Fonts that can be used for Basic Fantasy Roleplaying Game
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll be honest, I haven't looked at this in some time. None of the substitute fonts really worked, or we'd be using them.
RLS89ZX

Post by RLS89ZX »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:09 pm I'll be honest, I haven't looked at this in some time. None of the substitute fonts really worked, or we'd be using them.
Then how am I supposed to contribute? Also If I were to make Japanese, Esperanto, & Gaelic translations of the Basic Fantasy Roleplaying Game, what F/LOSS font can I use then?
Dimirag

Re: Submission Guidelines

Post by Dimirag »

For "standard" fonts
chiisu81 wrote: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:22 pm Fonts can't be provided here on the site, but for anyone that needs them, contact chris or chiisu81 at basicfantasy.org and we'll help you out.
I think for other languages Solo would have to check suggested fonts if the "official" ones does not provide all the required characters
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I do final distribution, and font license issues are my problem; as long as you send your work to the site for distribution, "I" am distributing it and thus I am the only one who needs to worry about the distribution license. But I can't just post the fonts for anyone to download, I have to share them directly with contributors. Send me an email at solomoriah@basicfantasy.org and I'll send the package to you.