Submission Guidelines - Discussion

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
magicedit

Re: Basic Fantasy Project Submission Guidelines

Post by magicedit »

I am of half a mind to design some fonts...these fonts already have three weights and all the italics we need, they are just missing a Black weight. Do any of them look acceptable?
  1. Averia Serif GFW (this one seems slightly more rounded than Averia Serif Libre, and is probably my preference)
  2. Averia Serif Libre
  3. Aleo (this one has the advantage of being based on the open font Lato a font that already has a Black weight)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I use Averia Serif on some of my other, non-BFRPG game documents. But it's just not Souvenir/Soutane.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
magicedit

Post by magicedit »

I'm guessing Aleo is not acceptable either, since it's much pointier than Averia :D. A pity Quando only had one style.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

As mentioned elsewhere we have a template and style guide now available, linked in my sig below.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Wow Quando is a nice font, I really do wish it had the other styles! I have always used Font Squirrel for additional fonts, and it shows icons for each license allowance.
Mister Rab

Re: Submission Guidelines

Post by Mister Rab »

If I wanted to share a campaign setting, should I use the Adventure Template? Or is there another format that would be useful/better? Or is the setting fairly "meh" on its own and should only be presented as background notes for an adventure?

Our weekly sessions have spawned quite a detailed setting now, including a city, power structures, major gods, intrigue, and a couple of story arcs that have produced session reports that have been well received. I'd like to see if I could turn my notes into something more widely usable!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yes you should still be good to go using that template. If you want check out the Demoncrest campaign setting, you can use its ODT file for a guide as well.
Mister Rab

Post by Mister Rab »

Magic! Thanks :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Using Google Docs, Office Online, etc.

If you prefer to use an online/cloud-based service to work on your stuff, that is totally fine. However, you must still post an attachment of your work in PDF and ODT format. We want all work to be accessible via this site/forum.

This is in addition to any URLs you post of where you're working on things. Also, please be sure to keep attachments updated as your work progresses.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Submission Guidelines - Discussion

Post by Solomoriah »

So I was looking for something else and realized that there were not one, but two submission guidelines stickies. That's one too many. I've rearranged them so there is just one sticky, and all the discussion has been separated out into this thread. This may make some of the discussion here hard to follow, but at least it is preserved.

Please direct further questions or comments to this thread. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org