Class-Specific Sheets

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Blazeguard

Re: Class-Specific Sheets

Post by Blazeguard »

Cool. Did you make that one yourself? If so, what did you use?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Steveman

Post by Steveman »

Partly, I edited an old D&D character sheet, and traced a shoe off of an AD&D sheet in Paint Tool SAI with my stylus & tablet, then compiled and spaced it all, in Photoshop.
Characters:
Himamura Jin (Night Wizard; Level 6 Great One/Level 1 Caster)
Benjamin d'Aide (BFRPG; level 5 cleric of the virtue of Sacrifice) - recurring hireling turned pseudo-DMPC
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

nice. Very old-school look.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Scondoro

Post by Scondoro »

Sorry for the late response;
Unfortunately Blazeguard this site doesn't allow for .pub files to be uploaded, so I can't upload the publisher files for the class sheets. Sorry about that. :|
And to explain the "Weight Front/Weight Back" under Additional equipment: That's for help totaling up weights from the two different equipment lists I have on the sheet. There's one on the front, and one on the back; you take the totals from both sides and can use those guides to help keep track of your total weight (kinda like a Yahtzee score card :D ).
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

No worries. Seeing your sheets gave me the kick in the rear I needed to start on my own. I'm trying to put something together using Scribus (in keeping with the whole Open Source theme). Once I have them completed I'll post them as well.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Well, I've been working on my own version of the character sheets. They're not done yet but here's what I have so far - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzCBl0 ... WRjNDdVb0k (hopefully the link works).
It's a fillable pdf that I cobbled together using Scribus. I've included some basic scripts that will automatically fill in the ability modifiers and the saving throws for you. The program is open source and has a lot of potential but it does have a bit of a learning curve.
I'll be trying to make a separate sheet for each class, similar to what Scondoro was doing. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions I'd love to hear it. I'm not sure how I'm going to incorporate the spells section of the sheet so any suggestions, hints, etc. relating to that would be appreciated.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I've finished my first set of character sheets - https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BzCBl ... VnMk0/edit
They are fillable, class specific pdfs that will automatically calculate the ability modifiers, XP for next level, Saving Throws, and number of spells available (if applicable).
Any feedback would be appreciated. This set uses the modifiers, etc. as laid out in the Core Rules. I also have a set that utilize the revised modifiers and XP progression from Smoot's house rules.
I am thinking about creating more sheets for some of the optional classes. If anyone is interested in anything specific just let me know or if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.