Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by AlMan »

I have now finished the rest of the Emporium. Here is the finished version. I also included a set of animal traps that was requested by Metroknight in the General Discussions section of the Forum. I also tried to bring it up to Chi's standards. Please give it a look and let me know if I missed something. I will also have some art to add for a cover soon.
Attachments
Equipment Emporium r4.odt
(237.37 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

That is an interesting take on the traps.

A character in my game got hit with one as a doorway was boobytrapped with a large animal trap (I used 2d6 damage instead of the 1d12) and I used 1d20+AB due to the fact it was a static trap (mounted above the door to swing down and hit anyone coming through) that was set off by a bandit with a pull cord.

I do have a question or suggestion.

You mention about using the attack roll on the trap setter when he sets the trap up and only on a natural 1 does it go off on the trapper. What happens if it rolls under the characters armor class but not 1? Does it still go off but doesn't trap the trapper? What about a trap setting tool? Do they exist and do they give a bonus?

I would have recommended using a Saving throw with an ability mod added instead of the attack roll. We have the saving throws indicating it can be used for dodging or reducing damage so why not use it for the trap also?

You indicate the traps are hidden and surprise on a 1-3. My method is similar to the open door method of 1 plus the intelligence (or you can use the Dexterity) bonus/penalty. This gives a slight variation to the score as some trappers are not as skilled as others.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Looks good from a quick read.

I have an issue with the idea that a character would pay 100gp for a longsword instead of 10 gp, just to know that it is of "high quality".

Maybe the "social impact" could be specified?

A character with high quality items relevant to their class may add +1 to reaction rolls when attempting to attract retainers. The cost of these items should be 100gp x level of the retainer being attracted.

Something like that.

Edit: perhaps high quality items could also get saving throw bonuses.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Longman wrote:
I would go with doubling the price to get a plus.
base 10 gp for normal sword goes to 20gp for +1, 40gp for +2, 80 for +3, and 160 for +4 which should be the max.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Metroknight wrote:
Longman wrote:
I would go with doubling the price to get a plus.
base 10 gp for normal sword goes to 20gp for +1, 40gp for +2, 80 for +3, and 160 for +4 which should be the max.
I would go for a base price though, otherwise a high quality polearm (or other cheap weapon) is too much of a good deal.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

My comment was just about the items saving throw and only that. Sorry if it seemed I indicted the bonus be applied to anything else.
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

Maybe it's been addressed already, maybe not, but I'm curious in the current released version of the Equipment Emporium the Spear, Fork / Trident and Boar Spear are all missing a dice damage value.

I assume they are all 1d6, but just checking to be sure and flagging this as a typo/oversight. Like I said it might be fixed for the next release for all I know.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

the "thrown (one handed), Melee (one handed), Melee (two handed)" below the spear, fork/trident, and boar spear are the damage dice for those weapons under those conditions
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The variations should be listed under each weapon as to avoid confusion
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

Had an "offical" suggestion for the supplement, a small one but I think the range of Throwing Blades/Darts should be increased from 10/20/30 to 20/40/60 to reflect how they are purpose made for throwing.