The Lost Pyramid

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Great Desert

Post by Solomoriah »

I think I've resolved it all.

I keep hoping some fan of the Nazgoreans will come along to finish this... I doubt I'll ever get it done now.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Level 3 map got zoomed out a little too much :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Would you want to keep the Great Desert name, or re-name it The Lost Pyramid? Page 1 of course needs updating since Tower of Light was moved to Strongholds of Sorcery.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

I look forward to this being completed. And, truth be told, I've just sort of started looking into updating an old campaign module for BFRPG that also deals with a pyramid...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Posted R5; same as Ruby Mountain just clean-up so far.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Lost Pyramid

Post by Solomoriah »

I just posted R6, with some changes.

This adventure is absolutely a homage to a particular classic module, but of course I don't want to plagiarize... that's fine for the home game but I want this in print. I'm removing the masks as a standard element of the Lahurians; some will still wear masks, but not all. I've added the idea of medallions, which we need to detail for all the natives of the pyramid. The unfinished Lahurian encounters are all noted as masks, so that needs some thinking.

I want the Lahurians to be less "crazy" than the natives of that "other" adventure, but still pretty insular and odd. Their customs and culture would have been stunted and twisted by their situation. I'd like to go for less of a funhouse vibe and more of a horror/suspense feel.

And of course, this adventure is a showcase for Nazgoreans. This is the place where I invented them. The last room on the bottom level of this dungeon should have a Hydramander (it did, when I ran it, but I had those notes in pencil and lost them). Nazgoreans added by others in the Field Guide and elsewhere are welcome here. Other traditional dungeon monsters should be limited, since the Lahurians would have cleared them out long ago, and where would new ones come from?

I'm hoping to run this for my new playtest group in the fall maybe.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Re-uploaded R6. Fixed the stat-block styling, and added in XP placeholders. Also unbolded the HP squares.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Should have gone ahead and made it R7 and posted it back to me... though I'll admit, I'm running a little behind getting those things looked at. Still need to get FG2 uploaded, look over DM Misha's spell cards, and work on the French and German edits.

Gah. Too much work to do, can't spend time working on fun...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

What I can do is fill in those XP values, work on a little more, and then I'll put R7 in the Projects folder.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Excellent, thanks!