Priest (cleric sub-class)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
SmootRK

Priest (cleric sub-class)

Post by SmootRK »

On this day (thanksgiving) I present to the masses a cleric subclass...

Priests. They might be called Cloistered Clerics, less militant than standard clerics. This is a first draft, as I plan to comb through the spell lists to tweak some more, changing a few spell levels for this sub-class, adding some unique spells, and of course, soliciting for ideas from all of my esteemed colleagues here. I also have some old artwork to sprinkle in (old meaning free of copyright).

Anyhow, have a look at what I have so far, and feel free to offer critique and commentary.
Attachments
BF-Priest.pdf
(119.67 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Maliki

Re: Priest (cleric sub-class)

Post by Maliki »

I've always liked the idea of the less militant/non-adventuring cleric type, and I think you did a fine job of presenting just such a class for BFRPG. I've always pictured them as an NPC class, but by boosting their spellcasting abilities (as you have done) I can see this class working a PC class as well.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Maliki wrote:I've always liked the idea of the less militant/non-adventuring cleric type, and I think you did a fine job of presenting just such a class for BFRPG. I've always pictured them as an NPC class, but by boosting their spellcasting abilities (as you have done) I can see this class working a PC class as well.
Thanks for kudos. I have done some updating, so I will post up the revisions in the first post of this thread momentarily.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Nice work on the new spells as well, I really like the Divine Magic spell. (Something that my players have asked for in the past.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Maliki wrote:Nice work on the new spells as well, I really like the Divine Magic spell. (Something that my players have asked for in the past.
Give that credit to Solomoriah (Chris), as it is just a redo of Analyze Magic for MU that I believe he created himself. Of course, I could use other spell ideas for these studious and less combat oriented spell casters.

More ideas that are coming:
Cure Medium Wounds (2nd level spell)
Shield Fortification (temporary boost to a shield, such as +1 to +3, perhaps more against Undead, Demon, Devils, etc; note that Priests do not use shields, so it is cast upon another allied being)
Holy Feast (meal blessing for sizable feast of specially prepared food, gives bonus and/or healing for large numbers of participants)
Summon Divine Servant (brings a deva/angel/einherjar/(or evil counterparts for those worshiping such) to serve/battle - basic AC/HD/damage based upon level regardless of form.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Any more ideas I can layer into this? Spell ideas would be very beneficial.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I nearly forgot about this thread. I need to get to work and finish this up, eh?

I will try to jot down a few spell ideas to expand.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

added to the Showcase.
I have been using this class for quite a while for NPCs in my game, never realizing that I never got around to posting this up any further than the forums.
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

Hey SmootRK,

Could you also share the odt. file of your supplement? Thanks!!
Creativity is just a single letter away.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

This is old work, so I might need to dig a little for original files. Not at my desktop pc right now, but will look for this later.