Spell Cards!

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Metroknight

Re: Spell Cards!

Post by Metroknight »

Nice.
DM_Misha

Post by DM_Misha »

WandererExiled I actually really like the concept you showed! Reminded me of the old 2e spell decks. Only thing I see that would be hard to do is the illustrated card backs. We’re talking like 150 spells just for the core book, with only a handful cross classed. So a better option would be just to have one generic back, then you could do 2 different fronts. If I could start over again, this would probably be the route I’d go!
WandererExiled

Post by WandererExiled »

DM_Misha wrote:WandererExiled I actually really like the concept you showed! Reminded me of the old 2e spell decks. Only thing I see that would be hard to do is the illustrated card backs. We’re talking like 150 spells just for the core book, with only a handful cross classed. So a better option would be just to have one generic back, then you could do 2 different fronts. If I could start over again, this would probably be the route I’d go!
I like your spell cards too! Nice and slick. My master plan was to *cough*trick*cough* convince a good number of artists to do some commission work. 150 split up over, say, 18 artists brings the work load down tremendously. I have a "MultiPass" into one of the premier gamer spots where I live and there's always really awesome Ink Artists displaying their work on the wall. I figured once I come across the cash for it I'd pay for the Core spells and other elements to be done, format the art via my own system and then submit for the community to use. But, that's why I conceded! No way that's going to come out soon. Maybe as an anniversary gift one of these years!

Well, unless I get them into Basic Fantasy... then we'd have an army of artists muhahaha!

P.S.

I know how hard and time consuming just reconfiguring the core spells are. I learned the hard way while trying to build the online Spell Look up spreadsheet... Kudos to whoever took the time to actually type out those in the Core book!
Gffclarke

Post by Gffclarke »

Is this still in the works? I looked at the level 1 files and they're AMAZING. Would love to see this project continue.