Barbarians Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Barbarians Supplement

Post by Solomoriah »

... I'll get it done eventually ... moving slow right now ...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Well, I have a Barbarian in my new game. I started the characters at Lv 5, i'll give some feedback on the relative power of the class after a few sessions.
Itlas

Post by Itlas »

The new class is awesome,but I would like rules for a Stronghold after level 9.
For example a Barbarian could be required to be chief of a small village and to build it to attract followers (3d6 like Fighters)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I've played a Barbarian in a campaign and played in a different campaign that had a barbarian. IMO, the best part of having a barbarian in a party is the craziness that ensues after a raging character has killed all the enemy and there are still many rounds of rage remaining. As long as the GM lets it play out like it should then anything can happen from the sadness of a barbarian killing a party member to the hilarity of party members running around a room to avoid the barbarian.

If a gaming group can't handle a party member attacking the group then they should reconsider allowing Barbarians since that would give you a PC with all the goodies but taking away the negative.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Itlas wrote:The new class is awesome,but I would like rules for a Stronghold after level 9.
For example a Barbarian could be required to be chief of a small village and to build it to attract followers (3d6 like Fighters)
You've asked this question with respect to another class as well, Itlas. But this is an Open Source project... if you want something, you don't ask for it, you write it yourself and share it in the Workshop for others to benefit from. If I like what you've done, I may select your work for the Downloads page (or in this case, add it to the existing supplement).

Asking members of an Open Source project to create something because you want it tends to leave the asker disappointed. Not scolding you, just explaining... people who are accustomed to commercial products tend to expect that they must ask as you did, in hopes that the author of the work will see the profitability of whatever is being requested. We just don't work that way.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Solomoriah wrote:
Itlas wrote:The new class is awesome,but I would like rules for a Stronghold after level 9.
You've asked this question with respect to another class as well, Itlas. But this is an Open Source project... if you want something, you don't ask for it, you write it yourself and share it in the Workshop for others to benefit from. If I like what you've done, I may select your work for the Downloads page (or in this case, add it to the existing supplement).

Asking members of an Open Source project to create something because you want it tends to leave the asker disappointed. Not scolding you, just explaining... people who are accustomed to commercial products tend to expect that they must ask as you did, in hopes that the author of the work will see the profitability of whatever is being requested. We just don't work that way.
I've seen the same requests as you have, but I had a different take on it than you've taken. I don't think he is asking for a strongholds supplement for each class. I think he is just saying that each of these character supplements - ranger, barbarian, druid, etc - should add a line or two describing how they should handle stronghold creation when they reach that level. I also think that would be a useful addition to any character supplement no different than discussing hps or spells.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Speaking of the Barbarian, I never gave my review of it after my campaain ended. It was a short one, around 10 sessions long, but still gave me a good idea of the class power.

The other players had a druid and a scout and I would say that power wise the Barbarian deems pretty much on par. As IMO the scout and druid are some of the most powerfuk "official" classes for BFRPG, I would also rank the Barbarian with them.
Itlas

Post by Itlas »

Solomoriah wrote:

As Hywaywolf said I didn't ask for anything,I just gave my idea about additional rules for new classes's strongholds and I gave my suggestions about it,suggestions I'm ready to expand in a proper supllement with the help of veterans of this game.
I never said: "Make me the Stronghold's supplement b*tch!"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Well alrighty then! Let's see what you've got!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't know why a stronghold supplement would be needed just to add the non-core classes. Its only a single table for the core classes as it is. Its probably best to handle it in the class supplements using whatever class the sub-class mentions for saves. Unless something is different and the subclass would attract more or less followers than the core class it is built on. Then you would add that info into the class supplement