[AA2] The Bear Dungeon

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Ozor

[AA2] The Bear Dungeon

Post by Ozor »

I started working on a beginner module for new players to get there feet wet in playing BFRPG. It's a very small dungeon crawl with only 4 rooms and a secret room. I tried to make it very easy to not intimidate people new to role playing. Being new to RPG's myself I thought the best way to learn was to jump right in and me a little adventure.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I'll post the source too if anyone is interested.

This adventure can be found in AA2 on the Downloads page.
Last edited by Ozor on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiisu81

Re: The Bear Dungeon - Newbie Module

Post by chiisu81 »

Is the art credit for the first 3 images?

The 4th image, by Andy "Atom" Taylor, needs to be removed, as it was licensed to Solo for the BFRPG Core Book. That applies to all artwork already used in BFRPG works unless Solo says otherwise.

Your map image looks like it was pasted in multiple times?

On the OGL page, you need to put in your adventure name in the first and last lines (replacing the generic "My Adventure").
Ozor

Post by Ozor »

I'll take out Andy's artwork and see if I can find or draw something myself. For some reason I thought the Core book and images were all creative commons. The first two images are creative commons and third I made myself.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

No, all artwork is Product Identity as identified in the OGL license. They all require explicit permission of the artist and/or rights-holder to be used.

Be sure to list yourself for an art credit as well.
Ozor

Post by Ozor »

I went through and made all the changes and made a pretty weak Stirge image myself. Probably best to draw it by hand then scan :-) Im going to work on making a better one.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If your adventure is selected to be published, I have the option of adding the Core Rules art myself (or other art I may have in my collection). It's just that the artists are not asked to license it to anyone else; it has to be a Basic Fantasy Project document and go through me to get the art.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

You can always post an open art request on the Artwork section. But note that this must be "open", so, you can't ask for a specific artist and you aren't guaranteed to get what you ask.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'd prefer if you don't request art in the Artwork forum, actually. Please leave art requests to senior team members (myself, the global mods, and a very few others) who do development of print works. I don't want to overload our randomly-rotating Art Team of Wonder.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Ozor

Post by Ozor »

That would be great to have the module published.

If you want to change any of the art work please feel free. I downloaded most of the images from a Creative Commons search and did the cellar entrance and strige myself. If you can get permission from Andy that would be great to keep the images consistent between BFRPG documents.

If anyone sees any grammar issues please feel free to change or let me know. Its been 16 years since I took English in college and I went only the first day and last day to take a final :-)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Some of the fonts aren't displaying correctly in the PDF, but are in the ODT file. I've PM'ed you a download link for the BFRPG fonts most commonly used.

If you want to enhance and stretch out this module a bit, it could fit into the eventual AA3. We have adventures of various lengths in the AA series. If you want to keep the dungeon nice and compact, you can always add an outdoor map, maybe another small location or two on the way to the dungeon, etc.