Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Sir Bedivere

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by Sir Bedivere »

frzntoz wrote:I like the changes; I think it reads better now.
I agree. You pointed out some areas that needed improvement, and even when I didn't accept your changes exactly, I did some rewriting based on them. I really appreciate your editorial suggestions, and especially pointing out mistakes in the page references to the Core Rules. I'm going to have to re-read it all again for style before we finish the new release.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I'd like to put an official Release 6 out tomorrow. I'll take whatever we have by that point and post the file here.

This doesn't mean we need to stop working on it (we can keep going for Release 7), but especially since there are mistakes in Release 5, I'd like to get a corrected release out as soon as possible.

Also, I'd like to give frzntoz credit. Not sure what to call it, maybe 'editorial contribution'? Frzntoz, should we use your handle here for that, or do you want your real name there?
frzntoz

Post by frzntoz »

I haven't had a chance to work on BE this week, but I agree that the current working version would be a good revision update. I still have some ideas on revising it further, but they will have to wait until I have some free time. My name is Barry Gergel; I'm just enjoying being able to help out so I don't mind if my name is included or it isn't. It seems proper to use my real name so I would prefer that over my handle. Thanks!
--
pax et bonum,
frzntoz
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Here is Release 6 of Beginner's Essentials. This release includes a few corrections to references to the Core Rules page numbers and some rewriting for clarity and consistency, primarily by frzntoz but also by myself.

Solomoriah: I have credited frzntoz w/ 'Editing and proofreading' on the cover, but if you have a better category, go ahead and change it.
Attachments
BF-BeginnersEssentials-r6.odt
(562.7 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm not sure how I missed this the first time but glad I saw the update message. This was exactly what I was looking for! Something equivalent to a players guide that was small enough to print out and hand players. Nice job!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
crabus

Post by crabus »

I think there is a small mistake
p. 6 under Holy Water vs. Undead section

• Direct hit: 1d8 points damage.
• Splash Hit: 1d6 points of fire damage within 5 feet of
the point of impact.
• Effective for 1 round

I don't think it's a fire damage.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Fire of Righteousness :)
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Crabus, you are correct! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it in the next release.
theancient

Post by theancient »

Saints fall seven times a day we will understand if you fall a FEW more times.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

In my opinion, of all the BF supplements and additional material, and there are a lot of good ones, BE is by far the most useful one.