The Unusual Predicament of Sophie De Murtas

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: The Unusual Predicament of Sophie De Murtas

Post by chiisu81 »

I rotated that map image and enlarged it to better fit the page. Applied other fixes and added latest content for R8; will upload by this weekend if nothing else comes in.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Chii has a work ethic that puts mine to shame. :)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Chii has a work ethic that puts mine to shame. :)
indeed. mine as well 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

You guys are always too much :D Just got internet back up at home so I'll have next release uploaded by tomorrow.
Attachments
Stahp.gif
Stahp.gif (1.93 MiB) Viewed 6117 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R8 uploaded.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Chii, I hate to tell you this considering all the work you put into putting it together, the maps in the PDF version are out of scope, the Tomb of Eight only shows 1a, 1b, 3a,3b and 3c. And the Map of Reneta's Lair only shows the lower 3/4 of room 12. The ODT file does show the maps the way they should be.

I'll also take an editing run through it too.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Wow :shock: tried re-saving as PDF using the built-in function as well as several virtual PDF printers and they were all screwing up. Then I saw this page, and after unchecking OpenGL when I saved the PDF the images now look correct. Now I gotta remember to uncheck that at work as well...

Re-uploading R8 to first post.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here are the corrections I've found

Page 6 – The Enchanted Font – Fresh Water paragraph, Sentence 3
Currently
“If a characters touches the water,”

Should be
“If a character touches the water,

Page 7 – Room Suite 3 “The Sacrafices” needs to be expanded further to include the cells and protection for the sacrifices.

Page 10 – The End? Fifth paragraph.
Cuurently -
In this event Poncet will tell them that although he personally knows nothing more, he can direct them to person who taught him about Nazgoreans and the Blade of Eight.

Should be -
In this event Poncet will tell them that although he personally knows nothing more, he can direct them to the person who taught him about Nazgoreans and the Blade of Eight.

Page 13 - Is this the actual ending or do you have more to add to the encounter with Renata? And Valentina? Are the Nazgorean’s coming for the party since they have the Sword of Eight?

Page 19 – OGL
Since Cheiropteran and Chupacabras are now part of the Field Guide 2 does it need to be mentioned in the copyrighted material? May also need to include the original Field Guide since Thulids are included.

Thank you for the great read.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks for the input as always Al! 8-) I will include the corrections for the next release, while I'll let Stuart add his input for your suggested additions/re-workings.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

I agree with all those changes, and thank you AIMan.

No, that's not the ending; I've got loads more to write.

Anticipated play for the rest of the adventure is:- party meets Renata; party does side-quest for Renata to persuade her to talk to them about Nazgoreans/Blade of Eight; Renata then talks to party and sends them off with partial information/misinformation which is likely to get them killed by unexpected and very scary monster; party defeats unexpected very scary monster in a colossal fight; party realises Renata is under the bad guys' control; party discovers means to release Renata from bad guys' control; party goes on side-quest to obtain such means; party releases Renata. (The reason I'm working out so much detail about Renata's lair now is because I expect the group to come back later.)

The Cheiropterans and the Nazgoreans are separate factions but interrelated in that the Cheiropterans are looking for a way to control the Nazgoreans.