Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Elemak

Re: Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Post by Elemak »

I've updated the top post to release 3. I've fixed some inconsistencies I've found that somehow snuck in from earlier versions. (The name of the world has changed due to it once being unknowingly similar to an existing fantasy world. I also fixed some confusing wording and other small things.)

I also spoke with the artist of the map for this world. He's given me express permission to distribute the map as long is it is done freely for no profit. I will attach it below. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

*edit* I've attached a smaller version and will link to a download of the large map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz-jS ... XlMbjRMSWM

The map is Copyright Tommaso Di Giovanni
Attachments
TazdanMapsmall.jpg
TazdanMapsmall.jpg (959.43 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
spidyfan21

Post by spidyfan21 »

That map looks great! I'm excited about this project, makes me want to finally get around to writing the setting I've been playing with.
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

My ultimate goal would be to get this document expanded and polished enough to get it included in the showcase (and eventually the main downloads page).

Can anyone chime in and let me know what should be included to get this to a well rounded campaign setting worthy of being posted there?
Last edited by Elemak on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

That is a very cool map. what did you use to make it?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

I actually worked with an artist to have it made. I drew it up (horribly). Then he made it look pretty. I then named all the features and places.

He uses photoshop, but it looks a lot like the results you can get using campaign cartographer and some of their style add-ons.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Thanks. I may have to get myself a copy. although I do have an artist friend...
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
spidyfan21

Post by spidyfan21 »

Page 5 (7th actual page): GM information for Lazarus "the lazy" missing the closing '***'.

Page 6: Opening '***' for Isael, the Imp is italicized.

Page 12 (14th actual):
...his reward. His death.
I think "...his reward, death." flows better.

Why is every even page unnumbered, I'm new to this and curious.
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

I think the page numbers got screwy when I was formatting them using the template I found in this forum. It's a work in progress :)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R4 uploaded with spidyfan21's corrections and map image. I'm not sure if the "***GM's Note: lkfjlasdkjflaskjfd. ***" labelling is really needed, as the note on the first page says this is intended (primarily at least) for GMs and not players.
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

With the "GM Eyes only" disclaimer on the top I don't think the ***GM Info: *** portions need to be specially formatted. Just including the information normally should be fine.