Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Elemak

Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Post by Elemak »

I'm looking for some feedback on my campaign setting. It's usable with pretty much any gaming system, I think the Basic Fantasy system would be a good fit for it. Please let me know any suggestions you would have to make it better.

thanks!
Attachments
Demoncrest-R4.pdf
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 533 times
Demoncrest-R4.odt
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 423 times
Last edited by Elemak on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kobun X

Re: Campaign Setting

Post by Kobun X »

Aside from a few typographical errors, it looks quite good.

Something I would take into consideration (which is something I think about with my settings) is, what is the population demographic of demihumans, both before and after the demonic enslavement? Is Dunwin and his son of a handful of remaining dwarves, or are they just as numerous as humans and the like?

(note: If I missed this somewhere in the text, please forgive me.)

I really like how you left npc motivations open for DM/GMs to play with. I can imagine Orin going in all kinds of directions.

Overall, quite impressed.
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

I never clearly stated it in the text. I just sort of inferred. Viskal is heavily populated as it is protected.

The rest of the land there are very few people who are free. The rest have been killed or enslaved. I tried to leave things open for the DM/GM to customize a little bit. There are a lot of other locations I have mapped out I didn't include text on so things could be expanded on depending on the campaign being run.

I have a really nice full color map I had commissioned for the setting, I just haven't had the money to purchase the rights to post it publicly. If anyone is interested in using the campaign I can send a low res copy (which I've been given permission to do)
Kobun X

Post by Kobun X »

Elemak,

I'd definitely be interested.

The "less is more" approach is always welcome in a setting.
E-Rawk

Post by E-Rawk »

I know you didn't ask for it, but I took it upon myself to edit your document for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. I also fixed up some of your wording. Hope you don't mind. I've attached my edited version for you as well as a document that should show all the changes made.
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

Much appreciated! I would love for this setting to become a community project. I'd love to have people working on it coming up with adventures, classes, monsters, etc. in this world.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

If Elemak approves I'll move R2 to the first post and also post a PDF version.
Elemak

Post by Elemak »

Please do!
E-Rawk

Re: Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Post by E-Rawk »

I feel like this setting would be perfect for the Tainted race from Tainted and Touched from SmootRK's Planar Races thread at the following link.
http://www.basicfantasy.org/forums/vie ... =19&t=2088
Elemak

Re: Demoncrest Campaign Setting

Post by Elemak »

I like the looks of this too. It fits perfectly, I could also see a place for the Touched too if the players RP'd a clever way to contact the gods that are just out of reach.