Magical Item Compendium

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Some Magic Items

Post by Dimirag »

Ivozor's Cups

The mage Ivozor made this magical cups in order to help mariners on their adventures. These cups will transform any liquid into drinkable water as long as the content is drank or stays in the cup..

John Hawk's Cup

It is said that Ivozor made this cup for the pirate John Hawk, (if it was made intentionally or by force is still under debate).
This gorgeous cup will convert any liquid into the cup's holder favorite spirit or liquor as long as the content is drank or stays in the cup.
Last edited by Dimirag on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Longman

Post by Longman »

I think this would make a good 'Arcane Artifacts' supplement.

But, I have trouble working in the ODT supplement format - my formatting knowledge is not very good.

If I put this together as a simple word document with some editing and ordering done, would anyone else volunteer to turn that into a properly formatted supplement?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Longman wrote:I think this would make a good 'Arcane Artifacts' supplement.

But, I have trouble working in the ODT supplement format - my formatting knowledge is not very good.

If I put this together as a simple word document with some editing and ordering done, would anyone else volunteer to turn that into a properly formatted supplement?
Notepad would probably be better, as a copy+paste will automatically works in the selected style. I can probably do it, but won't have time for the proofing.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Agreed; if you'll compile into a text document I or someone else can do the formatting in LO. Each item will need to be named, and make sure to put the credit for each item (I or whomever will move this to OGL page in LO).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Or you might choose to work on your formatting skills. It's really not hard.

Download the Adventure Template (use the link in Chi's signature block) and read the instructions there. Though it's specifically a template for adventures, our other documents use similar methods.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Ever-flowing Hourglass:
The sand in this silly hour glass is inherently linked to the flow of time itself, and so flows endlessly from one side to another regardless of orientation, or relative gravity. Obviously this makes it rather useless as a time keeper.
The effects of breaking such a device is left up to the GM

Greater Ever-flowing Hourglass:
A greater ever-flowing hourglass is superficially the same as the lesser variety, however once per week a command word can be spoken to reverse the flow of the hourglass, and by extension time itself for one hour after which the sand in the hour glass will not flow, until the week (and one hour) has passed. Only the user of the hour glass will remember what happened in the hour that was rewound, and the only sign of time travel will be the hourglass no longer flowing.
Effects of time travel are largely up to the GM*.

True Ever-flowing Hourglass:
Much like the greater ever-flowing hour glass a true ever-flowing hourglass is capable of reversing time. However instead of reversing a mere hour the true ever-flowing hourglass can reverse time in hour-long increments up to to the total time that it has been flowing (so an hour glass that has flowed for a week can reverse up to a week of time) after the reversal the hourglass will not flow for a week, as the greater hourglass.

The Truest Ever-flowing Hourglass:
This hourglass is the grand timekeeper of the universe. The start of its flowing marks the beginning of time. By reversing its flow it is possible for the user to travel backward any length of time to the beginning (or forever depending on setting, cosmology, or whatever). After a reversal The Truest Ever-flowing Hourglass will continue flowing at its normal rate in the forward direction.

*Generally time reversal symmetry should be followed at least for the more limited hourglasses. This means the user gets younger as they go back in time; Jumanji style. Alternatively time reversal symmetry might be ignored for the user, leaving them older and possibly creating weird grandfather paradoxes like in Dr. Who or Terminator. In the end it depends on whether time is flowing in reverse, or the user is moving through time like they would through space.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Gilderwand

This wand is a simple, unassuming stick of dark wood, tapered slightly from base to tip; its command word is inscribed in magical script, visible to anyone using Detect Magic. The Gilderwand is normally found in its holster, a plain leather scroll tube with a wand pocket attached to the side.

If the Gilderwand is inserted into the holster, and a Magic-User spell scroll is placed in the scroll tube, in 1d4 rounds the scroll will suddenly burn to a fine ash as its magic is transferred to the wand. The Gilderwand can contain up to 20 levels of spell; if the wand is full, the scroll tube will not activate (and thus, will not destroy the scroll placed within it). If the wand is not full, and the scroll inserted contains more levels of magic than the wand can contain, excess levels will be lost as the scroll is annihilated.

Each time the wand is wielded and its command word is spoken, it will release one spell. Spells are released in the order they were stored, first in, first out; there is no way to change the order, and no way to find out what spells are stored in the wand other than to keep track manually. When a scroll containing multiple spells is "loaded" into the wand, the spells will normally be loaded in the order they appear on the scroll; however, there is a 1 in 4 chance they will be loaded in reverse order, and the user will not know which way they are stored.

The wand was reputedly created by the Archmage Socran Gilder as an experiment ("just to prove I can" he supposedly said).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Golden Shears of Querillis Quick

This large pair of scissors, created by the famous gnome archmage and master thief Querillis Quick, have the ability to cut almost any non-magical rope, chain, or flexible material which its seven-inch-long jaws can encompass. Magical materials are allowed a saving throw as follows: Strong metal items (chainmail, for example) save on a roll of 7 or better, weak metal on a roll of 10 or higher, heavy rope on a 12 or better, and lighter rope or fabric on a 15 or better. If the item to be cut is a suit of magical armor, apply the armor bonus to the roll.

Further, if the shears are opened wide, the two shear blades can be separated. In this form, each blade performs as a dagger +1, or in the hands of a gnome, as a dagger +2.

Querillis created these shears for his own use, and normally carries them on his person in a custom-made jeweled scabbard.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Fan of the Phoenix:

This paper, folding, hand fan, on which is printed three suns and a flaming bird, often comes with a wooden egg shaped case and is capable of emitting flames as a cone 25 feet wide and 10 feet long and deals 1d8 damage. Using this ability causes a hole to be burned where one of the suns are. Once all the suns are gone the fan has one more use after which the entire fan will turn to ash.

All remaining "charges" may be used at the same time if desired producing the same effect multiplied by the number of remaining charges.

Once depleted placing the ash in its case and waiting one week will produce a new fan.
Last edited by Clever_Munkey on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

The blood ring is inspired by the Soul Ring from Dota

Blood Ring:
Protruding from the bridge of this dark iron ring is a demonic visage with mouth agape, and sharp bristling teeth. A magic user may voluntarily cut themselves on the teeth siphoning life energy into the ring. In return they may return a spell to memory. The amount of HP required for a spell is 3*[Spell Level]. Spells remembered this way are forgotten in one hour if not used.

Blood Altar:
This black iron portable altar depicts a dark being holding a bowl. At the time that a magic user prepares their spells they may give an amount of blood to the bowl. In return the magic user may prepare an extra spell that day. The amount of HP required for a spell is 5*[Spell Level]. Spells prepared this way are forgotten in 24 hours if not used.

In both cases the HP lost cannot be healed by magical means.