New Character Sheet

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
apl

New Character Sheet

Post by apl »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, so greetings. I've always loved RPG's but have had very little time to actually play, so I make things instead. I've become somewhat proficient with GIMP due to my work. Currently I am making stuff with the hope that my kids will play when they get older and because I enjoy it at night.

I originally made this character sheet for Epee's & Sorcellerie, a very cool 0e inspired game, but have always loved BFRPG as well, so modified it to include Saving Throws etc.

The art work is from the Flammarion Engraving and is in the public domain. The font in case anyone wants to hack this at all is Carribean Island.

Hope you like it
Attachments
basic_fantasy_cs.pdf
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 464 times
Last edited by apl on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmootRK

Re: New Character Sheet

Post by SmootRK »

I like the style. Very old-world-ish. Great for a bare-minimum style sheet, though I personally like sheets with a bit more detail built in.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

That, my friend, is a very pretty character sheet!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
apl

Post by apl »

Thanks you both for the complements.

SmootRK - I understand that you're stating more of a preference than a criticism when you talk about the level of detail. At the same time, I'd be interested in knowing if there are any "slots" missing that are real deal breakers for you. Right now the fourth panel is just lined paper. I left it that way so that depending on the character type the player could use it for spells, history, hirelings etc. but maybe that space could be used more effectively.

I did very slightly edit the pdf I uploaded earlier, and posted the new version. I understand that revisions are taken pretty seriously on other parts of the site, but was not sure about here in the Workshop. It was not content related. In all the chopping and pasting of the original artwork I used, a couple of lines were a few pixels off in the border. Probably no one else would notice, but it was driving me crazy once I saw it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As long as your document is just here in the Workshop, keeping track of revisions is recommended but not required. Once something moves to the Showcase or Downloads page it becomes a requirement to track updated versions.

Otherwise, how can someone know if the version of a document they downloaded in the past is still current?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I agree it's a nice old-school sheet :) It's also the first sheet I've seen with the mod value columns for the savings throws depending on the character's race.
apl

Post by apl »

Just wanted to mention that this sheet is designed to fit a 8.5x11 piece of paper. I recommend printing them "Actual Size" rather than "Fit" if using Adobe Acrobat