CS1 Castle by the Sea

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: CS1 Castle by the Sea

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:I've uploaded a slightly revised R8 (so you need to pull it down before making further changes). I think it needs more work than just on the barbarian adventure. The material is good (the adventures all have good "bones") but the writing is sometimes awkward and would benefit from cleaning that up. Also, we could use some boxed text in several places.

I'd love to get this out in print next year, if we can do that, but for now I'm going step by step.
I'll give it a look-over w/ track changes enabled and see if I can put some lemon pledge on it :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R9 emailed to Solo.
peelseel2

Post by peelseel2 »

On page 3, right hand column, end of second paragraph:

"...although the wearer will believe it's a Ring of Control Person."

In the r107 of the Rules is a Ring of Control Human, but no Ring of Control Person.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Seems like the Core entry should be re-named, as its description says it can control any creature up to 6 HD.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As I pointed out elsewhere, Chi, you've interpreted the effect incorrectly. BUT... peelseel2 is right, the name of the item should be corrected in the module.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R10 posted by Solo.
This new release of CS1 contains additional editing by Chris Gonnerman. The first adventure, Caer Mortling, should now be in pretty good shape. Lots more to do before we get to print though.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Working on R11.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

CS1 Castle by the Sea, Release 11 -- June 16, 2017: This release of Castle by the Sea includes extensive editing by James Lemon and Chris Gonnerman; in particular, a lot of boxed text has been added.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Things that make me go "Hmm..."

I'm going to run two of the adventures from CS1 at Quincon this year. I'm leaning toward running Conclave at the Conch Throne in the morning, then holding the character sheets over for an afternoon session in Fortress of the Barbarian Queen. I won't erase the battlemat, and the assumption will be that the adventurers have been asked to return to the castle which they cleared previously (i.e. in the morning session).

So I'm taking a close look at Barbarian Queen, and a question not answered in the adventure has occurred to me... Dawnivia is a human barbarian. All of her minions, as far as I can tell, are female dwarf barbarians. Where did she find these people? How does a former human noblewoman end up leading a troop of dwarves?

I'm trying to imagine how thirteen dwarf women became man-hating barbarians, and swore allegiance to a pissed-off human noblewoman. I'm not saying it's not possible... I'm saying, I'd like to hear the story.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I must have completely missed the fact they were dwarves. :shock: To me it would make sense that they were all human females, but I'm not sure what everyone else thinks. If Noah had a specific reason for dwarves, hopefully he sees this and will chime in.

I just looked at the Barbarian supplement. I personally don't use any of the class supplements, but esp. for Barbarians I also personally can't envision a dwarf barbarian. They have the strength, sure, but not the dexterity. Again, that's just me personally.