New Logo Design

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Babarock

New Logo Design

Post by Babarock »

In laying out out new 'Monster Cards Project' http://basicfantasy.org/forums/viewtopi ... a&start=30
I've taken the liberty of reorganizing the BF Logo into a vertical layout (to be placed at the corner of each card. The art and font styles are the same and I hope I have not overstepped my bounds, but I could not find a high resolution, vertical and rectangular version of the logo. If I missed it, then please correct me. Otherwise, feel free to distribute and use this version wherever needed.
Attachments
Logo.png
Logo.png (344.13 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Last edited by Babarock on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: New Logo Design

Post by Solomoriah »

There is, in fact, no such logo in existence. I have to say, I can't approve the one you've provided here... the whole name needs to be used. "Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game" or "Basic Fantasy RPG," whichever lays out better.

Also, for aesthetic purposes I'd prefer the artwork not to directly touch the text.

Show me a revision and I'll consider approving it. If you'd prefer to take the discussion to email, I'm agreeable. solomoriah@basicfantasy.org will work fine.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

Hey, thanks for the feedback, Chris!

The full title wasn't included in the above design because the logo will be ever so small at the lower right corner of the 3.5" by 2.5" monster reference cards (I'm designing in hopes for online use and print along with dpelletier). That said, I understand branding very well and desire strongly that the multiple BF projects I'm working on presently are compliant to existing art and type standards.

Its a pleasure to help enhance such a well-conceived RPG system and for such a friendly and active community. As a father, I have more time to design than to play and it takes me back to the old days!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I think we can work with that one. Consider it approved for your project.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

Yaaaa!