Combat Options Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Combat Options Supplement

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Combat Options Supplement, Release 4-it1 -- May 07, 2021
Thanks to the Italian translation team for the first translation of Combat Options into any other language!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#combatoptions
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Proposed r5 attached
Edit: now on Downloads
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Combat Options Supplement, Release 5 -- July 13, 2023
James Lemon has done the work of revising this supplement, changing the license to CC BY-SA (with the author's consent) as well as making some other format revisions.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Combat Options: A Basic Fantasy Supplement, Finnish Translation r4-fi1 -- September 21, 2023
Seppo Raudaskoski has been busy translating many things into the Finnish language, and here's one!

Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Some minor changes to the Two Weapon combat rules suggested by one of my players (Who fights Florentine in the SCA), we've been using these in my game and they don't seem to unbalance anything

Two Weapon Combat
This rule allows a character to use a weapon in each hand. The weapon in the primary hand suffers a penalty of -2 to hit, while the weapon in the off-hand is used at a -5 penalty, or -4 if the off-hand weapon is of small size. Subtract from this penalty the character's Dexterity bonus, with a minimum penalty of +0 (so a character with 18 Dexterity does not get a +1 bonus to hit this way). The primary and secondary weapons must both, obviously, be one-handed. Like a monster using an attack routine (claw-claw-bite) the off-handed weapon attacks at the same time as the primary weapon.
Note: Off-handed weapon attacks (with no primary hand attack) are at -3 penalty, with the Dexterity bonus subtracted as above.
A character using two-weapon combat may choose to use the off-handed weapon as a defensive item similar to a shield, giving a +1 to AC against melee attacks only. Also, magic weapons used defensively confer the bonus to the AC of the defending character. This must be declared at the start of the round.
No matter where you go...there you are
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I like it. Will likely be in the next version.