Recruitment Info Slip

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Mickomann

Recruitment Info Slip

Post by Mickomann »

Continuing on from a thread I started earlier (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1767&p=49694#p49694), Hywaywolf suggested that I post on this section instead.

Basically what i'm attempting to do is create a half-page slip which can be used at cons and left at stores/ schools to garner more interest and players.

I understand that there may be some rules involved with the artwork, which is what i'm hoping to get suggestions from.

There is a 'general rectruitment form' and a 'convention/ post-game recruitment form'. I hope the .odt files work - I have used Century Gothic as the font and saved from Microsoft Office 2013

Tear 'em apart! :D
You are in a tavern, and the tavern is without beer. What is your action?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Recruitment Info Slip

Post by Solomoriah »

I see no problem with your design overall, and I'm willing to agree to publication of the document as is. Use of the Scribbled Dragon and the name is subject to my approval; the approval given in the core rules doesn't exactly cover your use case, but again, I'm more than happy to approve it for you.

However, your logo graphic is badly sized; it's only 72 dpi, whereas things you're going to print should be 300 dpi (150 dpi at the barest minimum). Changing the resolution to 300 dpi gives an image size just over 2 inches wide, but the image is being printed at 3.89 inches wide, so it will be stretched when printed.

What you need is a better graphic. I'm uploading a revised version of your convention slip with just such a graphic in it; it also includes one revision to the text, namely to point prospective newbies to the main page rather than the downloads page. I WANT them to see the main page, so any news etc. will be plainly visible. With the huge colored buttons at the top, I don't think finding the downloads is all that hard.

This is pretty nice, actually. Thanks for doing it, and welcome to the community!
Attachments
Convention-Recruitment-Slip-r2.pdf
(94.1 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Convention-Recruitment-Slip-r2.odt
(87.95 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Mickomann

Re: Recruitment Info Slip

Post by Mickomann »

Thanks very much! - I am more or less hopeless when it comes to designing things/ understanding picture resolutions etc.

I'm so glad that I was able to contribute something, and I hope it can help others :)
You are in a tavern, and the tavern is without beer. What is your action?