Sorcerers Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Sorcerers Supplement

Post by chiisu81 »

I don't think (s)he meant it that way, and I'm the king of mis-interpretation. :D

Also, if you haven't already check out LibreOffice to supplement/replace that old Office install, and it's what most of us use here (by no means required though!).
pinewood

Post by pinewood »

Oh no! I didn't mean to be rude :?

I meant I genuinely just learned how to post tables as pictures (although there is probably a better way than how I did it). People post tables here all the time and I, for the longest time, didn't know how they did it.

Also, LibreOffice is great.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

for posting tables as pictures I create an .odt with BF format and create the table, then create the .pdf, do a Screen Capture, then use paint to cut the table and create the file to upload. It feels like science! :lol:
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

pinewood wrote:Oh no! I didn't mean to be rude :?
Okay, sorry about the accusation then. When you spend as much time on the wide world of the Internets as I do, you get a little... jumpy? I don't know, lol. :lol:

Anyhow I thought that making a simple table would be something that could be done in markup code on any site, guess not. Taking pictures of tables is easy enough for me, I just wanted a way for people to copy the raw data quickly and easily, instead of having to manually copy it by hand.

Here's my first take along with a revised one;

Difference between the two is I preserved spell progression as it was up until 15 level, then made two slots to allow for 7th level spells at 19 and 20th level by bumping up the first 6th level spell to 18th level.

Gonna need to do some play testing to see if this is remotely balanced.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

JakeCWolf wrote: Gonna need to do some play testing to see if this is remotely balanced.
Very interested in this as I'm setting up a heavily modified bfrpg pbp on another site. I'm converting all magic-users (including a handful of sub-classes) to the sorcerer point system but with a slight change to the learning spells aspect.
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

Metroknight wrote:Very interested in this as I'm setting up a heavily modified bfrpg pbp on another site. I'm converting all magic-users (including a handful of sub-classes) to the sorcerer point system but with a slight change to the learning spells aspect.
Interesting. But why is it on another site and not here? Either way I'd like to see this for myself.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

JakeCWolf wrote:
Interesting. But why is it on another site and not here? Either way I'd like to see this for myself.
I tried to run a pbp game on this site but it flopped. Had six people express interest but only one posted regularly so it just got stillborn. I'm not sure why or what so I moved to another site that has a interesting layout that I really like to test with a built in dice roller and no it is not roll20. I have a BFRPG game running over there already.

I'm still in the process of getting it pieced together but once I got the mechanics laid out, I'll drop a link to you.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

JakeCWolf wrote:Okay, sorry about the accusation then. When you spend as much time on the wide world of the Internets as I do, you get a little... jumpy? I don't know, lol. :lol:
This forum is different. I don't tolerate shenanigans, and I don't put up with trolls. For the most part, we don't really have problems with either. But I do expect people to have skins thick enough to handle criticism, since that's one thing we do here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org