Arrows of Blinking

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Arrows of Blinking

Post by Solomoriah »

An arrow of blinking is a magical item which has a rather surprising feature. When a character fires an arrow of blinking, that character will be transported (in a fashion similar to the spell dimension door) instantly to the location struck by the arrow. An arrow of blinking never harms any creature, nor damages any item. When the magic activates, the arrow disappears 5' short of its target and is replaced by the shooter (including all items worn or carried, but never including any additional living creatures, which will be left behind). If investigated magically, an arrow of blinking will appear to be strongly enchanted. Normally 2d4 such arrows will be found together.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Re: Arrows of Blinking

Post by SmootRK »

Nice. I would consider adding in an offensive use, such as when fired at a target person or creature, that creature is instantly transported in a random direction (d8, 1=NE, 2=E, etc clockwise) d100 feet away. Keep the part that says "it never harms a creature directly" but could perhaps place a creature into a compromising position or otherwise placed into harm's way. For instance, a creature struck by such an arrow while on a boat in a lake is likely to find itself wet after it is teleported.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I like it just the way it is, having a weapon with non-combat magical properties is a really nice change.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I like it much. The kind of item the players will the arrows once and put themselves in a difficult/deadly situation. After that, they will find hundreds of creative ways they could use them.