Campaign Setting: Pan Prime

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Captain Arcus

Campaign Setting: Pan Prime

Post by Captain Arcus »

I am making decent progress in the creation of a submission of a Campaign Setting. In accordance with the guidelines, I am posting a little bit of an overview so that the people here can tell me what they think. If I manage to attach the Work In Progress correctly, bear in mind it is nowhere near finished. I just wanted to submit it, not only for critique of ideas but for the folks here who know what they are doing can tell me what I am doing wrong. Because I am sure to be doing plenty of that...

Overview
Pan Prime is a typical epic fantasy world as well as a typical not-so-epic fantasy world. Whatever type of adventure your crew likes to game through, Pan Prime has it. That being said, it is not a Kitchen Sink type of setting. Unless you want it to be. Plenty of room, nearly an entire hemisphere of pristine, wide open hexes has been left open to each DM and their group.

Dwarves

Dwarves have fled the underground, escaping from the Riznor Gorog, loosely translated as The-Chaos-That-Crawls. They live in enormous fortress-cities calledCrags.

Elves

Elves come from the vast forest known as the Ardenwyld. Those elves that have given into their latent Fey blood become something more cruel and chaotic than the rest. They reside in the middle of the Ardenwyld, in a region known as The Weirdwood.

This is just a sample of what I have so far. Its labeled the Chaotic Caves still but that is because that is the adventure I am writing over.
Attachments
JS1-Pan-Prime-r1.pdf
(117.81 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
JS1-Pan-Prime-r1.odt
(32.29 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Dimirag

Re: Campaign Setting: Pan Prime

Post by Dimirag »

One suggestion, upload a .pdf form along with the .odt so the members that not use open/libreoffice can read it to.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Captain Arcus

Post by Captain Arcus »

I don't know how to do that.

Unfortunately, I am about as far from computer/coding/ downloading/uploading literate as you can possibly get.

I am 39 years old. But when dealing with things like this, assume I am 89 and can't figure out a Smart Phone.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

If you are using libreoffice then it should be a "pdf" icon on the upper bar, clicking it will let you create a pdf of the file.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Captain Arcus

Post by Captain Arcus »

I am using Apache OpenOffice. I will look for the icon.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

On the File menu, select Export as PDF.

Also, you need to change the name of the file. Open it up, then choose Save As... and enter a new name. Do this before you make a PDF.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Re-uploaded files with correct naming.
Woe

Post by Woe »

One suggestion, after introducing the races, have a map that shows the various regions you mention. While GMs can make their own, it's nice to have one preset given the rest of the work you're doing framing the world.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

I like the twist on the core races, enough to give Pan Prime some flavor without going overboard. Looking forward to seeing more of Pan Prime.