AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by Solomoriah »

It's uploading now. Takes a while.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks Solo! Have put the references in, starting another editing pass. Have already made a lot of little corrections. Al, if you haven't started may want to wait until R18 is posted (though if you have already started or want to, no problem!).

Solo, can you elaborate on the maps issue regarding the grays? I thought mapmatic used a lot of grays, and when we ask for art we want it scanned in grayscale.

Edit: by a lot of little corrections I mean by page 24 I'm over 100+ already. :D
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

OK Chii, I needed to take care of other things this weekend. You don't need to leave any corrections for me to find. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The gray fills in MapMatic aren't "mandatory." That means, if they render as white or are otherwise too light, the maps are still legible. The maps in AA2 that need redoing use gray fills to represent room spaces, without black lines marking the perimeters of those rooms (at least, not in all cases).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R18 posted. Whew, lots of little changes and corrections! As this is still a work in progress, there's quite a few layout snafus that aren't going to be fixed (or at least are low priority) until we get closer to a print candidate. In the meantime I'd like to get more feedback and more eyes for corrections, some playtesting would be even better, and last but not least some additional artwork is always a bonus!
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

AA2 is looking good! You guys have done a fantastic job! Are you getting close to a print release yet? I would love to add another book to my Basic Fantasy book collection. :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

It'll likely still be awhile. We have enough adventures now, so that anything else, including mine, that are finishing up will go into AA3. However, like I posted previously, AA2 still needs more eyes going over it for any needed edits, suggestions, corrections, etc. And some more artwork is always nice as well. We also need to create and fix a number of the maps as well.

Speaking of artwork, Lars what do you think of still using the finished version of this piece for the cover?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Starting work on R19. Will try to re-do the maps for Wulfric's Tomb. May go ahead and add Secret Fortress of the Red Cult. Solo, want me to also add The Bear Dungeon, or save for AA3?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Go ahead and add it in.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok will do. Working on R19. Wrestling with some page style and other formatting issues, but learning a lot through those mistakes. ;)