AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dawnivia the Red

Re: Adventure Anthology 2

Post by Dawnivia the Red »

Solomoriah wrote:No. What images are you talking about, specifically, and where can I find print-quality versions of them?
I believe they were present in an older revision in a higher print quality that you yourself edited. My versions of them are not good enough quality, if I remember correctly. I've attached the versions I have here.
Solomoriah wrote:"Wit check" is still wrong. Wisdom?
Yes, Wisdom. My apologies for that mistake. I'm not sure where I got Wit from.
Attachments
Jack-o-Lantern by Noah Patterson final.jpg
Jack-o-Lantern by Noah Patterson final.jpg (204.83 KiB) Viewed 6804 times
Witch in the Water by Noah Patterson final.jpg
Witch in the Water by Noah Patterson final.jpg (123.6 KiB) Viewed 6730 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just posted R13. I think it addresses Dawnivia's issues.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dawnivia the Red

Post by Dawnivia the Red »

Solomoriah wrote:Just posted R13. I think it addresses Dawnivia's issues.
It looks fantastic! Thanks for making those changes.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Submitted Raid on Tower Aquila for inclusion. Since I'm planning to integrate my 3 Gulshan adventures, the 2nd and 3rd won't be submitted for AA2. If time and effort allow may try to come up with something else for AA2, maybe something really high-level and/or a wacky environment.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Is the first Gulshan adventure in AA2 now? If you want to pull it and do a separate multimodule I'd be fine with that.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

At the very slow rate I'm going, I'd rather keep Temple at Hillman Point in AA2. If I do ever get enough material to have a module, I'll come up with something to replace that first adventure.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

From Alman:

16. Private Altar – paragraph 5 -
“Any player who attempts to get close to the statue or grab anything from the near the altar will cause the gargoyle to animate and surprise the party.”

should be

“Any player who attempts to get close to the statue or grab anything from the altar will cause the gargoyle to animate and surprise the party.”
GMOverlord

Post by GMOverlord »

Hi,
I found some errors in Horror at the Pumpkin Festival.
First, on page 57 there is a section of text that should be boxed but isn't.
Second, on page 60 it says "Sve" instead of "Save"
Great work and keep it up!
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

AlMan strikes again, here are the edits of AA2:

Pg 3 - Dungeon of Kyros - Put a line between Random Encounters and Dungeon Key sections to avoid confusion going from one column to the next.

Pg 16 – A Matter of Justice – Leaders or the Sapphire Crown – Bailey LaQuin
Match spelling of name in rest of adventure.
Currenty: Owner of Laquin Lumber in Newton.
Should be: Owner of LaQuin Lumber in Newton.

Pg 19 – The Tomb of Threy – The Warehouse and the Trail
The third paragraph mentions 6 guards, there are 6 sets of HP but the description reads 4:
Currently: 4 Human Fighters, 1st Level (Guards)
Should be: 6 Human Fighters, 1st Level (Guards)

Pg 20 – The Tomb of Threy – About the tomb proper (not including area 1)
Remove bolding since the actual spell isn’t mentioned.
Currently: They will detect as magic, if that spell is cast.
Should be: They will detect as magic, if that spell is cast.

Pg 24 – Underneath the Temple – 2 Main Sanctuary
Spell list for Phlibert is bolded, the spell lists in other modules is not bolded.
Currently: Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Good, Hold Person, Silence 15' Radius, Striking.
Should be: Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Good, Hold Person, Silence 15' Radius, Striking.

Pg 24 – Underneath the Temple – 5 Acolytes Chamber
Currently: The crates contains 121 cp and a dozen of yellow tunics (those that the acolytes and servants wear).
Should be: The crates contain 121 cp and a dozen yellow tunics (those that the acolytes and servants wear).

Pg 24 – Underneath the Temple – 5 Acolytes Chamber
Spell list for Acolytes is bolded, the spell lists in other modules is not bolded.
Currently: Spells: Darkness, Cause Fear.
Should be: Spells: Darkness, Cause Fear.

Pg 24 – Underneath the Temple – 6a, 6b, 6c, Meditation Cells
Currently: Those small rooms were used to pray Cluvia, but aren't used anymore.
Should be: These small rooms were used to pray to Cluvia, but aren't used anymore.

Pg 27 – Underneath the Temple – 19. Lair of the Succubus
Spell list for Succubus is bolded, the spell lists in other modules is not bolded.
Currently: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.
Should be: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.

Pg 30 – Tomb of the Mummy Priest – 1. Secret Entrance – Text Box
The text box is italicized here and nowhere else.

Pg 30 – Tomb of the Mummy Priest – 1. Secret Entrance – Paragraph one
Bolding of traps, damage and checks. These aren’t bolded in the other modules and isn’t bolded in BF1-Morgansfort which I used as comparison for other stylings.
Currenty: The arched hallway beyond the doors is roughly 10' high. 10' into the tomb lies a hidden pit trap. Anyone who walks across it is dumped into a 20' deep pit lined with spikes, and takes 2d6 hit points of damage. A successful Dexterity Ability Check means the character caught himself on the edge of the pit.
Should be: The arched hallway beyond the doors is roughly 10' high. 10' into the tomb lies a hidden pit trap. Anyone who walks across it is dumped into a 20' deep pit lined with spikes, and takes 2d6 hit points of damage. A successful Dexterity Ability Check means the character caught himself on the edge of the pit.

Pg 31 – Tomb of the Mummy Priest – 6. Mummified crocodiles – Text box
Currently: Three large stone sarcophagus's sit in the center of the room, none of which have any sort of lid.
Should be: Three large stone sarcophagi sit in the center of the room, none have a lid.

Pg 33 – Tomb of the Mummy Priest – 10.Prisoners chamber
Bolding of magical items
Currently: If the PC's survive and return to Mudar after freeing the prisoners one of the women approaches the PC's within a day and offers them a dagger +1 as gratitude for her rescue.
Should be: If the PC's survive and return to Mudar after freeing the prisoners one of the women approaches the PC's within a day and offers them a dagger +1 as gratitude for her rescue.

Pg 35 – Temple of Bones – Priesthood of the town of Friadast
In all the spell lists there are spells with asterisk marks (*), but there is no explanation for the marks. I know from the Core Rules that these spells have opposites.

Pg 37 – Temple of Bones – 6 and 7 Preparation Room
The rooms don’t mention about the Skeleton Warriors from Rooms 4 and 5 if they haven’t been cleared already. I think they would show up in the second round after the party enters the either room.

Pg 39 – Kidnapped! – Background – First paragraph
Currently:It is done by having each members of the party being knocked unconscious and captured by bandits.
Should be: It is done by having each member of the party being knocked unconscious and captured by bandits.

Pg 39 – Kidnapped! – GM Notes – Second paragraph
Currently: In the latter case, the hideout can be located near any city, to the GM's choice. Finally, the module could also be modified with a bit for work to be used as a rescue mission or a bounty hunting adventure.
Should be: In the latter case, the hideout can be located near any city, of the GM's choosing. Finally, the module could also be modified with a bit of work to be used as a rescue mission or a bounty hunting adventure.

Pg 53 – Midnight on Blood Lake – Part 1: The Town
Currently: Rumor 1: Some people in town call Black Lake Blood Lake because some from town youth drowned up there years ago.
Should be: Rumor 1: Some people in town call Black Lake, Blood Lake, because some former town youth drowned up there years ago.

Pg 54 – Midnight on Blood Lake – Part 2: The Hut – Third paragraph after third text box
Currently: If a player bandages the boy’s wounds it he is able to calm down and talk to them.
Should be: If a player bandages the boy’s wounds he is able to calm down and talk to them.

Pg 56 – Midnight on Blood Lake – Conclusion – Fourth paragraph
Currently: He pays the players their reward and the resigns his position, leaving to wander the wilderness in shame.
Should be: He pays the players their reward and then resigns his position, leaving to wander the wilderness in shame.

Pg 56 – Midnight on Blood Lake
Is there a map for this adventure?

Pg 57 – Horror at the Pumpkin Festival – Part 1: The Festival – Fifth paragraph
Currently: Players can make potentially hear the following rumors:
Should be: Players can potentially hear the following rumors:

Pg 58 – Horror at the Pumpkin Festival – Part 1: The Festival
There isn’t a Rumor 5.

Pg 59 – Horror at the Pumpkin Festival – A4. Pumpkin Contest
Currently: The participant with the most points at the end of the contest is the winner and receives 2 tickets to the corn maze and gold encrusted Warhammer of strength (worth 20 gold, weighs 7, does 1d6+1 damage) If a player participates they earn 1 ticket to the corn maze.
Should be: The participant with the most points at the end of the contest is the winner and receives 2 tickets to the corn maze and a gold encrusted Warhammer of Strength (worth 20 gold, weighs 7, does 1d6+1 damage). If a player participates they earn 1 ticket to the corn maze.

Pg 60 – Horror at the Pumpkin Festival – C1. Living Walls Second paragraph after text box
Currently: When any player makes it halfway down the corridor do the walls come alive and attempt to crush anyone inside.
Should be: When any player makes it halfway down the corridor, the walls come alive and attempt to crush anyone inside.

Pg 61 – Horror at the Pumpkin Festival
Is there a map for this adventure?

Pg 62 OGL
Since the Basic Fantasy Field Guide is mentioned in a couple of the adventures may need to include license info for it.
teaman

Post by teaman »

These sketches are for the Raid on Tower Aquila (there are three, so click on the picture to see them all). Let me know which you like best, Chiisu;

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t59 ... g6o1ow.jpg
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games