AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Adventure Anthology 2

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi: I shuffled your description a bit and put it in R12, which I will upload sometime soon.

Today I ran a playtest of Martin Teasdale's "Underneath the Temple" and I have some comments:

-- The temple servants and acolytes are a bit weak compared to the number and level of player characters. I'd suggest adding another acolyte and two more servants, and perhaps putting chain mail on the acolytes.

-- Conversely, seven ghouls gave my 4th to 5th level PCs rather a lot of trouble. I had 4 PCs; the adventure is for 4 to 6, so 5 would be average. I'm not sure if the number of ghouls is actually too much or not. Yeah, they only have 2 hit dice, but 3 chances to hit with paralysis as a possibility makes them a bit tough. ... maybe this one is okay. Opinions?

-- On a usability note, I'd suggest pulling the statistics for the high priest, acolytes, and servants to the front of the adventure, since they may be encountered in a variety of places at different times.

-- Last, I'd like to suggest a name change. How does "Beneath the Temple of the Moon" sound?

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. They haven't quite finished the adventure, but it won't take long for it to be completed when we get together again. The first group of four characters was reduced to one escapee; she brought in a group of three replacements, and they were able to recover two of the three who had been left behind, so the party is now (temporarily) six PCs.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

More notes on "Underneath the Temple:"

In the description of the windows (under the heading Ground Level Key) it says:
The window's openings are pretty narrow,
What, exactly, does this mean? What shape or arrangement of the window, which is show as being something like 6 to 8 feet wide, provides the given constriction? Is it barred? Low in height? Meant to be something like an arrow slit?

I'd like to know. Clarifying the text in this area would be a good thing.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Thanks for the comments/playtest Solo, I'll try to take that into consideration and submit you some revisions.

For the window thing, I don't remember exactly and I'm on my phone right now, but I'll check that out. My lacking English vocabulary/grammar is probably the cause, that's a second language for me.

Good idea about putting the priests & acolytes at the beginning, maybe I'll add them as random encounters too to spice things up.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you add them as random encounters, you will definitely need to add more of them.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Solo, I think you prefer that the modifications are made directly in the AA2 file, right ?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you are using LibreOffice, yeah, go ahead. If you are using Word, please just post your changes here and I'll apply them. Word claims it can work with our files, but it makes a hash of the formatting.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Solomoriah wrote:Chi: I shuffled your description a bit and put it in R12, which I will upload sometime soon.
Solo, I haven't seen anything about R11. Will it just be skipped? ;)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Evidently I forgot to upload it.

Uploading R12 now.
Dawnivia the Red

Post by Dawnivia the Red »

A few things about revision 12

1. I just noticed in the most recent update that the images I created for the last two adventures were not included. Was this purposeful?

2. Also, I noticed a description was missing for "Horror at the Pumpkin Festival." So here is one to put in there: "It is the time of the annual Pumpkin Festival in Girzwild. Unfortunately, an evil force has decided to crash the party. Will you face the demon and save the town?"

3. Finally, I noticed a "modern" style ability check that we missed that is still on page 58. Currently it says: " A successful Intelligence or Wit check of 15 or higher will get them to the opening at the center of the field." Instead, it should say: "A
successful Intelligence or Wit check will get them to the opening at the center of the field."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dawnivia the Red wrote:A few things about revision 12

1. I just noticed in the most recent update that the images I created for the last two adventures were not included. Was this purposeful?
No. What images are you talking about, specifically, and where can I find print-quality versions of them?
Dawnivia the Red wrote:2. Also, I noticed a description was missing for "Horror at the Pumpkin Festival." So here is one to put in there: "It is the time of the annual Pumpkin Festival in Girzwild. Unfortunately, an evil force has decided to crash the party. Will you face the demon and save the town?"
Very good.
Dawnivia the Red wrote:3. Finally, I noticed a "modern" style ability check that we missed that is still on page 58. Currently it says: " A successful Intelligence or Wit check of 15 or higher will get them to the opening at the center of the field." Instead, it should say: "A
successful Intelligence or Wit check will get them to the opening at the center of the field."
"Wit check" is still wrong. Wisdom?