AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by chiisu81 »

Working on adventure blurbs. Also noticed on page 17, in giant barb snails statblock, that a period is used instead of a comma before morale.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I look forward to seeing your edits!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Already found another one, page 74, at top there is a space b/w "level" and "s".

I'll do another full read-through after R19 is posted. Working on the blurbs right now, will post them there in a bit to be included in R19.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

The Tomb of Thorin Zuse

A tomb for the warrior hero Thorin Zuse has been constructed deep underground to avoid detection from the orcs. Can the players find and recover any valuables from his final resting place before the orcs destroy everything?

Wulfric's Tomb

The legend of Wulfric's tomb has been a frequent tale at The Gentleman of Fortune inn. Many have dismissed the claims of great treasure, but on this evening a mysterious stranger claims to know the true location. Will the players trust this grizzled old-timer and seek out what possible prizes await?

Secret Fortress of the Red Cult

A sinister cult has taken hold and spread its reaches far into the world. Now the king's daughter has apparently been kidnapped, and he is seeking aid to rescue her.

Note: I don't see the king or his daughter ever named...

The Bear Dungeon

In the peaceful town of Bear several children discovered a strange old door in the woods, only to be greeted with strange sounds and odors. Since then, there have been sightings of unknown creatures, and both the residents and the livestock know something sinister lurks about.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, do you still have R15, 16, and 18? Somehow I missed getting them into my history. Drop the ODTs into the Projects folder if you still have them.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I put R18 in there, I'll have to check on 15 and 16.
borgar

Post by borgar »

As suggested in the Castle by the Sea thread I've had a look at the maps in Wulfric's Tomb. This really looks a lot more challenging to draw than regular "floor plans", especially since since these maps most likely would work better if they are isometric (which I have never attempted previously).

I made a first attempt at the simplest map (burial chamber). Note that this is my first (ever) attempt at an isometric map so I will likely need several attempt to get stuff looking decent.

Note that Room 18 does pose some challenges since there are 13 skeletons and having (big) alcoves for all breaks symmetry (I put a circular plate for the Skeleton Ogre for now). Also the description says "...spring to life and form a line across the center of the room" which only make sense if all skeleton alcoves are at the far end. If the alcoves are expected to be more evenly placed "...spring to life and encircle the players" would be better (perhaps after they have gone halfway into the room).

Feedback and suggestions are very welcome.
Attachments
wulfric_test.png
wulfric_test.png (285.55 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
borgar

Post by borgar »

Second attempt at isometric burial chamber map.

I dropped the alcoves since I wasn't really up to drawing these in looking good. I did take some more freedom in layout by adding extra space between room 17/18 and 17/19. And I made the stairs up from the pit significantly larger in the process.
Attachments
wufric_burial_chamber.png
wufric_burial_chamber.png (168.52 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Wow, very nice! 8-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, I'm liking those maps! To use them in print, we'll need them scanned at least in 150 dpi quality, preferably in 300 dpi if you can do it.

I've just uploaded R19. I added the missing character stats, but nothing beyond that has been added. I want to go over the blurbs a bit first.

To wit:
chiisu81 wrote:The Tomb of Thorin Zuse

A tomb for the warrior hero Thorin Zuse has been constructed deep underground to avoid detection from the orcs. Can the players find and recover any valuables from his final resting place before the orcs destroy everything?
Thorin Zuse was the greatest warlord of the Orc Wars. Legend says he slew more than a thousand of them personally before being overrun, and when his army found his body it was buried under the bodies of dozens of orcs. His tomb was hidden, in hopes that the orcs would not find and desecrate it. Now you have learned where his body lies... and if you know, they may know as well. Will you dare to go and recover the hero's body and the things buried with him?

The adventure itself needs something like this, actually. A bit of "What's Going On Here" as in many of our other adventures, that not only tells the story of the hero and his tomb but also guides the player character's approach to it. Otherwise it becomes just a looting party.
chiisu81 wrote:Wulfric's Tomb

The legend of Wulfric's tomb has been a frequent tale at The Gentleman of Fortune inn. Many have dismissed the claims of great treasure, but on this evening a mysterious stranger claims to know the true location. Will the players trust this grizzled old-timer and seek out what possible prizes await?
The legend of Wulfric's tomb is an often-told tale at The Gentleman of Fortune inn. Many have dismissed the claims of great treasure, but on this evening a mysterious stranger claims to know the true location. Will the players trust this grizzled old-timer and seek out what possible prizes await?

Just tweaked that one a bit. Looting tombs again... not sure how I feel about that.
chiisu81 wrote:Secret Fortress of the Red Cult

A sinister cult has taken hold and spread its reaches far into the world. Now the king's daughter has apparently been kidnapped, and he is seeking aid to rescue her.
Rumors of the appearance of a sinister cult have been confirmed, for the king's daughter has been kidnapped, and he is seeking aid to rescue her. Do you dare enter their fortress?

Nice, an (apparent) rescue. I dropped "apparently" as we can be more direct in blurbs than in boxed text... even if what we say is not necessarily true.
chiisu81 wrote:Note: I don't see the king or his daughter ever named...
Good point. If the author intended the GM to use his or her own personal favorite king and princess, we should at least say that.
chiisu81 wrote:The Bear Dungeon

In the peaceful town of Bear several children discovered a strange old door in the woods, only to be greeted with strange sounds and odors. Since then, there have been sightings of unknown creatures, and both the residents and the livestock know something sinister lurks about.
I'd replace "greeted with" with "frightened by" and call that one good.

R19 has been uploaded, as I said, and the next release goes on the Downloads page, as this multimodule is fundamentally "complete" and thus eligible to appear there.