JN2 Monkey Isle

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
mTeasdale

Re: JN2 Monkey Isle

Post by mTeasdale »

Just finished my second session with this module tonight. The look on the faces of my players when then encountered their first dinosaurs was priceless!

A bit of a necro, but if you haven't ran this module and your players haven't played X1, just do it.
Longman

Post by Longman »

How did you start it, Martin? How did the party arrive?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Kinda shipwreck. I rolled some random weather, got a storm, and I decided to randomize if there was damage on the boat and I rolled horribly for the players.

They had stolen a pirate boat actually and fo7nd the map, so they were able to at least control where they wanted their damaged boat yo land.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sounds a bit like the approach I took with you guys. Arrr, me hearties.

I like the module, but my problem with the shipwreck version of the plot is that once the characters work out how many potentially lethal random encounters there might be, there is a strong impetus to leave the island, and not an equally strong rationale to stay, because they do not know what is on the rest of the island.

I think if the party had an active boat, they could explore much of the coastline and see what's what, before going ashore on select missions. That would give them the option of leaving at any time, which might actually turn into a reason to stick around.

Whereas with the shipwreck version, if they've only got once chance to get off the island, that's what they are going to focus on.

Oh well, live and learn.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

JN2 Monkey Isle by J.D. Neal, Release 19 -- June 09, 2019
This new release includes edits by James Lemon and Chris Gonnerman. This is a print release candidate, so please check it for errors and let us know in the comments thread if you find any.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#jn2
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Did a pass-through and didn't find anything.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

EXCELLENT! I'll give it a week or two, and if nothing else comes up, I'll update the print releases.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

OKAY, so, updated the print releases. Updated Lulu files are available now, Amazon documents will be available in up to 72 hours (i.e. who knows?). Pricing for some international markets changed slightly but US pricing remains the same.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks! 8-) At your convenience the JN2 section on Downloads will need to be updated.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Done.