Hammerthrall Dwarves

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
shadowmane

Hammerthrall Dwarves

Post by shadowmane »

Okay, I ripped out all of the setting stuff and made everything else generic. Instead of the Karlmark, all references to a kingdom are either called the Kingdom, or the People's Republic. I'm hoping people can get more mileage out of this one if they don't want the whole Karlmark setting. Just drop these guys in wherever you want them, and there you are.

Behold! Communist Dwarves!

Look guys, I've actually finished a supplement. :D
Attachments
hammerthrall-r1.3.odt
(87.79 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Last edited by shadowmane on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SmootRK

Re: The Hammerthrall Communist Dwarves

Post by SmootRK »

I love this stuff.
Formatting still needs some help though. Try "justified" columns of text to straighten out the bulk of your material.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

LOL... its funny you said that. It was already on justified and I changed it to line up with the left margin. I'll have to change it again and see what it looks like.

Actually, I just noticed that its all centered for some reason. Ugg!!!

Here's the edited version. I took your advice and used justified.
Attachments
hammerthrall-r1.1.odt
(90.34 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

Here's one more revision, based on a discussion I'm having on Google+. It was mentioned that I made the Cleric too important. I've edited the text that deals with Clerics, and changed it. Other than that, its still the same document.
Attachments
hammerthrall-r1.2.odt
(90.31 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Hope you don't mind, I reformated the file to use the correct fonts and size plus some minors modifications.
Attachments
hammerthrall-r1.2.pdf
(107.41 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
hammerthrall-r1.2.odt
(40.14 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

No problem.

Is there a reason why you switched the font from Century Gothic? Isn't that the font Solomoriah wants used for these? I'm a bit confused there, because I already had it in Soutane before, and changed the font to line it up with Standards found in the General forum.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

shadowmane wrote:No problem.

Is there a reason why you switched the font from Century Gothic? Isn't that the font Solomoriah wants used for these? I'm a bit confused there, because I already had it in Soutane before, and changed the font to line it up with Standards found in the General forum.
Modules use the Century... the rulebooks/supplements don't. No big deal, all very nitpicky but keeps the right vibe or 'branding' intact to be consistent; even I break from it on occasion. You likely started with a Module to begin writing in, rather than one of the supplements. I am just used to starting in another one of my writings that looks the way I like, then stripping out the stuff that does not belong later.

Never even a consideration in my mind until one is ready to put out there as a "finished product".
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

Hmmm... okay. I just re-read that. I got it wrong, and Supplements should be in Soutane. Wow, I have to pay more careful attention.

Interestingly, I started this one on my own, and simply imported the styles from another document. As a result, its more neatly put together. My Karlmark document is a mess, and I'm going to have to redo it from scratch to get it set up right (now that I actually know what I'm doing in LibreOffice). Probably ditto with my Church of Tah Supplement, I haven't checked yet.

I'm thinking of creating an NPC or three to go with this document, so I can stat out the two classes in that style. Its not hard, I know, but it'll give me a chance to create some NPC's on using this supplement.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

What Smoot said, I didn't know about the modules' font...

Other than that there's just few minor changes like paragraph space and the like. Just wanted to make it more in line with other supplements.

The one thing I don't know how to do is put correctly the headlines, sorry for that
Last edited by Dimirag on Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

What should the paragraph spacing look like? Remember, I've not gotten as far as finishing one yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.